Player Scores v Leeds United | Vital Football

Player Scores v Leeds United

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Reminiscent of some performances under AK, disciplined and compact. Rode our luck a touch early on but very gradually began to get a little threat into our play. Lots and lots to improve on but some glimmers there.

Muric: 6, likes a flap. Desperately in need of confidence it seems. There are the physical attributes to be a good keeper but mentally he needs some work.

Cash: 7.5, continues to confound the doubters with an all energy performance that saw his opposite number get very little change from him.

Robinson: 6, familiar story. Defensively decent but can't offer the balance we need from a fullback. Far better as part of a 3.

Worrall: 7, solid and while lacking pace read the game well and was strong.

Dawson: 6.5, looked a touch cumbersome at times but decent.

Watson: 6.5, his lack of mobility is apparent at times and a real hindrance but again reasonably ok at covering the space in front of the back 4.

Lolley: 6, a quiet start to the season but he's going to need to figure out how to deal with teams paying him extra attention.

Semedo: 6.5, jury is out for me. At times he looks powerful and gifted but disappears for phases of the game.

Silva: 6, as above really but looks technically able and might shine more when Carvalho returns. The championship is a steep learning curve also.

Adomah: 6, offered little offensively but did tuck back in better than against WBA.

Grabban: 7, fed off scraps once more but he's the reason we have a point and the reason why we should back him rather than criticise.

Subs

Sow/Mir 6, little of note from either, Ameobi gets an extra half point for his run late on in the game. Would be great to to see that in more dangerous areas of the pitch.

Lamouchi: 7, given that he has barely had any time with the players and I'm unconvinced a large chunk of the signings or scattergun approach were his I think he had us organised pretty well. Lots of work required though....

Muric - 5
Cash - 7
Robinson - 5
Dawson - 5
Worrall - 5
Watson - 5
Lolley - 6
Semedo - 7
Silva - 6
Adomah - 5
Grabban - 6

Sow - 6
Mir - 6
Ameobi - 7

Muric 5
Cash 6
robbo 4
dawson 5
Worrall 6
Watson 5
tiago 5
semedo 7
adomah 5
Lolley 4
grabban 6
Subs
Ameobi 7
Mir 6
Sow 5
This is going to be a long season.

I think considering the pressure we were under and the possession they had we actually limited them to very few clear goal scoring opportunities so they marks for our defenders and Watson are harsh.

Muric- 4- absolutely terrifying. Our defence did an able job of protecting him from having to do anything. Always a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Robinson 6- looking after Hernandez on the right and helped keep him out of the game, but should have done more for their goal. Stupidity is always a danger with him and he could have given away a penalty and a goal later.

Dawson- 8- a colossus in terms of dealing with an aerial threat and building a great understanding with Worrall.

Worrall- 8- better than I thought in the last two games. Reads it well, tackles well. A bit slow with a mistake in him but doing well with Dawson.

Cash- 6 (8)- two scores; one for Cash as a right back and one for him in his own context. Lost his man quite a few times but put in some great tackles. Jenkinson would do better as a RB but for an attacking midfielder who has no business being there he can be justifiably proud.

Semedo- 7- fantastic at times, looked like he was carrying the team defensively. As CP says, he can't do it for a whole game and goes missing.

Watson- 7- will get slaughtered for this but I thought he and Semedo played very well together. When one ventured forward the other went back. Between them they martialed the threat and kept Leeds from having many critical chances.

Silva- 6- quite like him. Hard working, helped the defence but I have yet to see any magic in the boots that will create anything

Adomah- 4- much as I feared. Not a great game for him. The mix of lack of pace and lack of time on the ball meant he was ineffective. We needed magic, he didn't have it

Lolley- 3- pretty poor showing from our key player. Only one you could say neglected defensive duties while providing nothing going forward. Started last season like that too.

Grabban- 7- fed off scraps, had to drop deep to see the ball and did so. Had one chance, took it

Manager- ? - still not sure. Not convinced I like him. I would love to say this was a Karanka like masterclass of preparation and defensive nous. Not quite sure I totally believe that though

Muric - 5 Desperately needs some confidence and needs to learn to come off his line. There’s a keeper in there somewhere though.

Cash - 7 Worked his arse off and had a decent game against tough opposition.

Worrall - 7 Defensively pretty solid.

Dawson - 7 Legs are going but still solid.

Robinson - 5 Could easily have cost us. No pace and no composure.

Watson - 6 Too easily overrun but better than he has been.

Semedo - 6.5 Covers well for Watson but looks cumbersome on the ball.

Silva - 6.5 Alternates between flashes of quality and disappearing up his own arse. Could be quality but needs to show more.

Adomah - 6 Worked hard but legs have gone taking most of his quality with them.

Lolley - 4 Disinterested and gutless. Left Cash exposed time and again.

Grabban - 7 Works harder than people give him credit for and got his goal.

Ameobi - 7 Worked hard and did more than Adomah and Lolley put together offensively. Just lacks that but of quality.

Mir - 6 Didn’t really do much.

Sow - 6 Some decent tackles but a red card waiting to happen.

Lamouchi 5.5 Undecided.

Muric 6 made a couple of flaps at crosses early then didn't want to come for anymore, made a couple of good stops though hopefully his confidence is growing.

Robbo 6.5 fairly solid if he doesn't have a brain fart or losses his cool, also think he's more suited to left CB of a 3.

Worral 7.5 strong didn't make too many errors, passing needs to get a bit better though.

Dawson 7.5 more or less the same as worral, doesn't have the legs if he gets caught out but doesn't get caught to often.

Cash 7.5 doing a decent job of playing RB, out of position here and there but didn't let us down and made some good crunching tackles.

Watson 6 he's doing his best but like Dawson can't recover if he's caught out of position which is more frequently than Daws, few misplaced passes and his slowness lead to their goal.

Semedo 8 played like 2 men for spells winning the ball back bad driving us forward, maybe doesn't do it all game but did it more than the last so hopefully more to come.

Silva 7.5 was doing a good job winning the ball and keeping possession, bizarre decision to take him off over Watson.

Adomah 6 didn't do a great deal going forward, legs definitely don't have that same speed he used to have.

Lolley 5.5 didn't help cash out much, and did diddly going forward needs to get his head in the game.

Grabban 7.5 looked like he was more up for it today even with no real supply, chased the defence down more and dropped deep to help out and try to start something. Could of used more of his arm for the goal though .

Mir 6.5 looked lively again and had a hand in the goal.

Sow 7 looks like he's got a few yellows in him but he made a fair few good tackles, also composed on the ball.

Ameobi 7 some pressure releasing runs and won a couple of corners, I'd start him next week.

Lamouchi 5.5 taking Silva off was odd, not sure he's got an idea of his best side yet, hopefully after today he's getting closer to it .

Muric - 5 Desperately needs some confidence and needs to learn to come off his line. There’s a keeper in there somewhere though.

Cash - 7 Worked his arse off and had a decent game against tough opposition.

Worrall - 7 Defensively pretty solid.

Dawson - 7 Legs are going but still solid.

Robinson - 5 Could easily have cost us. No pace and no composure.

Watson - 6 Too easily overrun but better than he has been.

Semedo - 6.5 Covers well for Watson but looks cumbersome on the ball.

Silva - 6.5 Alternates between flashes of quality and disappearing up his own arse. Could be quality but needs to show more.

Adomah - 6 Worked hard but legs have gone taking most of his quality with them.

Lolley - 4 Disinterested and gutless. Left Cash exposed time and again.

Grabban - 7 Works harder than people give him credit for and got his goal.

Ameobi - 7 Worked hard and did more than Adomah and Lolley put together offensively. Just lacks that but of quality.

Mir - 6 Didn’t really do much.

Sow - 6 Some decent tackles but a red card waiting to happen.

Lamouchi 5.5 Undecided.

Pretty much agree with this. I would probably take one point off of Robinson, Watson and Silva. But otherwise spot on.

Muric - 6 . Hoping he will get better and better. Nervous first half
Dawson 7.5 - comes in the box and he will head it. Crucial leader
Worrall - 7 . Solid . Passing can be suspect but is deserving of a place in the team
Cash - 7.5 . Fair play to him did very well. Great desire
Robinson - 6. Tough day for him. Got done a few times
Watson 6.5 - didn't do too badly. He organises and fights his corner.
Semedo 7 . Thought he was very good first half . Faded in the second . I don't think his fitness quite there yet...had cramp towards the end last week .
Silva - 5. Was only a matter of time until he was suvbbed. Poor lad is easily hundled over. I don't see him being a decisive attacking player.
Adomah - 5. So far has been quiet. Hasn't been offering much. No pace
Lolley 5. Both wingers have been quiet in both games so far. Control has left him down a few times
Grabban 7.5 . Did very well today. Great at winning the ball in 50/50s. Thankless job.

Sow 7 . Big physical and looks like can play. Impressed. Covers ground well
Ameobi 7.5. power and pace. Did very well today . On this showing deserves to start over adomah.
Mir 5.5 - lost a few balls quite easily through poor control in poor areas.

He had a solid game, that ability to win it and then drive past 3 or 4 will be useful. Won a fair few headers as well.

Muric- 4- absolutely terrifying. Our defence did an able job of protecting him from having to do anything. Always a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Robinson 6- looking after Hernandez on the right and helped keep him out of the game, but should have done more for their goal. Stupidity is always a danger with him and he could have given away a penalty and a goal later.

Dawson- 8- a colossus in terms of dealing with an aerial threat and building a great understanding with Worrall.

Worrall- 8- better than I thought in the last two games. Reads it well, tackles well. A bit slow with a mistake in him but doing well with Dawson.

Cash- 6 (8)- two scores; one for Cash as a right back and one for him in his own context. Lost his man quite a few times but put in some great tackles. Jenkinson would do better as a RB but for an attacking midfielder who has no business being there he can be justifiably proud.

Semedo- 7- fantastic at times, looked like he was carrying the team defensively. As CP says, he can't do it for a whole game and goes missing.

Watson- 7- will get slaughtered for this but I thought he and Semedo played very well together. When one ventured forward the other went back. Between them they martialed the threat and kept Leeds from having many critical chances.

Silva- 6- quite like him. Hard working, helped the defence but I have yet to see any magic in the boots that will create anything

Adomah- 4- much as I feared. Not a great game for him. The mix of lack of pace and lack of time on the ball meant he was ineffective. We needed magic, he didn't have it

Lolley- 3- pretty poor showing from our key player. Only one you could say neglected defensive duties while providing nothing going forward. Started last season like that too.

Grabban- 7- fed off scraps, had to drop deep to see the ball and did so. Had one chance, took it

Manager- ? - still not sure. Not convinced I like him. I would love to say this was a Karanka like masterclass of preparation and defensive nous. Not quite sure I totally believe that though
Would much rather see Ameobi instead of Adomah, then you might get someone for Silva to pass to. My preference though will be Carvz passing up to Ameobiz, Mirz and Grabz, with Semedo and Sow behind.

Muric looks shaky.

Cash, as I thought, nowhere near as bad as some envisaged him at right-back.

Dawson's experience is vital.

Don't rate Robinson at left-back. Doesn't offer much going forward and could have gave away a penalty. I wonder what Ribeiro is like?

Thought Semedo was decent.

Lolley doesn't look himself yet.

Loved Grabban's goal. I don't want to see my striker scoring a cracker from 30 yards. A scruffy poacher's finish in the six-yard box is beautiful to me. Bread and butter goal from a striker. (y)

It's not the best start ever, but these were two big games to start with. We have about 5-6 positions where our 1st choice players aren't up to speed yet so having to make do. In 3-4 weeks we'll have a better idea of where we are as a squad, so if we can pick up the odd point here or there, could be a positive season.

Muric - 5: Desperate at times and prone to a walkabout. I'm sure this has an unsettling effect on the two in front of him as well.
Cash - 7: Quite happy to say that I was wrong today. Did fairly well when tested but if I was the Leeds boss, I'd want to know why he wasn't tested more often. Loved it when he put Alioski(?) on his arse with a nice robust challenge.
Robinson - 6: The guys a trier and never gives up but some of his decision making gives me the shivers. On another day with a more pernickety Ref he would have got a red rather than a yellow
Dawson - 6: OK
Worrall - 6: OK
Watson - 5: Not mobile enough any more to play the role that he's been given. Works hard and doesn't give up but it isn't enough any more.
Lolley - 5: having one of those spells of games where he does next to nothing and is anonymous. Thing is, in two or three games time he's just as likely to go on one of those 10 game runs where he's unbelievable and is worth keeping in the team for that reason alone. It's also why he's in the Championship with us and not the Prem.
Semedo - 7: MotM again. This guy looks like the real deal. Is it true we don't have a right to buy purchase clause?
Silva - 6: Tricky, skilful and not afraid to take a knock. Needs to get up to the pace of the game though but once he does him and Carvalho could be quite a partnership.
Adomah - 6: Not outstanding, not deplorable. Hopefully some improvement once he gets on the same wavelength as those around him.
Grabban - 6: Not getting much created for him and had to come deep to get involved. When he did though the midfield looked more solid with teh extra body. Hopefully that will show him the benefit of actually moving around the pitch. With todays formation, he can't sulk on the shoulder of the opposition defence waiting for the ball to come to him.

Sow - 6: Put himself about a bit, but on this showing looks like a booking coming every other game.
Mir - 6: A lot more mobile than Grabban but haven't seen any real threat yet.
Ameobi - 7: Did more in 25 minutes than Adomah did in 65. Should start the next match.

We didnt even have a shot on target the whole game. Grabban didnt take his goal well at all, it was smashed miles off target from one of our other players and hit him on the shoulder. Deserves no credit for that bar standing in the box with another 15 players.
So a 3 for the forwards as whole and individually.
4 for all the defenders, no clean sheet, could have let in 3 or 4 quite easily. Keeper cant get a 4 tho, he just offers nothing so a 2.
Midfield, well, we did seem to have a bit of a midfield when watson(2) went off and they couldnt run through Sow (6) as tho he wasnt there. Ameobi (7), maybe the one decent signing we made (before this manager im sure) looked bright. Semedo, everyone raving about this guy, prob just cos its been years since weve had any midfielders that can run from one half to another, 7 for effort at least tho, a bit like Darikwa in midfield stature wise.
two bottom 6 performances, sure, ist early days and all the excuses are being talked about already after 2 games but we are bottom justifiably.
Must win game next week already, even the nutters in here will start to be concerned if we are bottom 3 after 3