Player scores v Ipswich | Vital Football

Player scores v Ipswich

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Cruise control against a team bereft of confidence and quality.

Pants: 7, little wrong, little to do.

Darikwa: 9, rampaged down the right and created both the goals.

Robinson: 7, solid but really needs to look at his fullback compatriot if he wishes to progress.

Hefele: 7, solid, little to do, a threat in the air.

Dawson: 7, as above

Colback: 7, won the midfield battle, what there was of it.

Gueddy: 8, better than he's been of late and a sensible switch by Karanka for his added creativity.

Dias: 7, still peripheral in a game he could of shone in. Shame he didn't score to help his confidence.

Lolley: 7.5, not quite the impact of Wednesday but a consistent threat.

Carvalho: 8, more and more looking like a quality player. Developing a really nice relationship with Grabban.

Grabban: 8.5, missed a couple but love his desire to score. Not great outside of the box, fantastic within it.

Subs: 6 as usual, little real impact, negative or positive.

Karanka: 8, slowly letting the team play more expensive football and adjusted well to keep the team fresh without us ever being in danger.

Me too. Especially re Robinson and Dias.

Dias should be tearing sides a new arsehole particularly when they are a struggling side like Ipswich.

Would suggest that JC has had consistent backing even during the first 10 games where he was struggling a bit. Dias is having to fight for his chances a lot more. I hope we show the same faith cos I feel Dias could be huge as well.

Jc cost a few bob
Exactly...thats why we keep persisting with him...we cannot afford that his value drops...on the other hand the fight for a place on the wing is between Cash nd Diaz...the first is ours the second not....if we want to develop someone it makes sense do it with one of ours....since they are almost at the same level....the other portugese ... has been forgotten nd it will be a surprise if he is not sent back in January...

+Dias covers so much ground, I bet more than Lolley per minute and he nicks the ball back off the opposition constantly which is all part of our tempo game that suits us. It isnt just about what happens with the ball at your feet.

"Subs: 6 as usual, little real impact, negative or positive. "
I thought another of the positives was that our subs usually come on the pitch and totally do the job they are brought on to do. This weekend to come on and close the game out which me did with a clean sheet despite the team shuffle and injuries. Id say thats impact enough

I'd mark Pants down to 5 for appalling distribution and getting booked for dawdling. I don't think he inspires confidence in the defenders in front of him. He's OK, but we could do much better.
Absolutely.

Appalling is a very kind adjective for his distribution yesterday, although I thought his catching was decent

Cruise control against a team bereft of confidence and quality.

Pants: 7, little wrong, little to do.

Darikwa: 9, rampaged down the right and created both the goals.

Robinson: 7, solid but really needs to look at his fullback compatriot if he wishes to progress.

Hefele: 7, solid, little to do, a threat in the air.

Dawson: 7, as above

Colback: 7, won the midfield battle, what there was of it.

Gueddy: 8, better than he's been of late and a sensible switch by Karanka for his added creativity.

Dias: 7, still peripheral in a game he could of shone in. Shame he didn't score to help his confidence.

Lolley: 7.5, not quite the impact of Wednesday but a consistent threat.

Carvalho: 8, more and more looking like a quality player. Developing a really nice relationship with Grabban.

Grabban: 8.5, missed a couple but love his desire to score. Not great outside of the box, fantastic within it.

Subs: 6 as usual, little real impact, negative or positive.

Karanka: 8, slowly letting the team play more expensive football and adjusted well to keep the team fresh without us ever being in danger.

Cheers CP - I had Darikwa as MOM too.

I did note Grabban purposely went to celebrate both his goals in front of Town fans & thought sponsors had picked him just to rub salt in the wounds.