Player Scores v Boro | Vital Football

Player Scores v Boro

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Player scores v Boro:

I've not written these threads for a while, because, well we all know why but today the players and even manager absolutely deserve one. Boro had a bit of an injury crisis and we capitalised near perfectly.

Pants: 5, poor distribution again but virtually nothing to do.

Milosevic: 8.5, marshalled the 3 perfectly, good distribution too!

Wague: 7.5, difficult to really judge the back 3 as Boro was abject but looked solid.

Robinson: 8, on the left of a 3 is his best position by miles. If he can stay disciplined he could become a decent player for us.

Pele: 7.5, mixed bag on occasion but his athleticism along with his midfield partners allowed us the platform to dominate from.

Yates: 8, looks a far better player in his natural position as opposed to being the most forward thinking of a defensive 3.

Cash: 8, not tested but great energy. Better player when he stays on his feet.

Osborn: 8, similarly untested but like Cash was a constant outlet.

Lolley: 9, excellent as he's been for much of the season, provides a real cutting edge.

Carvalho: 9.5, second half especially was beautiful, hopefully proved his doubters and the manager if his quality.

Ansarifard: 6.5, worked hard but doesn't have the pace or intelligence of Grabban.

Subs: 6ish, Grabban is an upgrade on Ansarifard and of we can harness those 3 we can be a real threat.

MON: 8, some weeks too late but he might finally beginning to work out the squad. One swallow and all that...

For me it’s all about following it up, as has been the problem so often at Forest. Great that they played well today, but ultimately, the performance will still only get you 3 points, so if we follow it up with a poor performance against QPR then for me, this is just a good day.

Credit to the team and manager for today’s performance, but unless they show the same quality against QPR and Bolton, then I’m afraid I can’t believe this is a new dawn for the manager.

Cheers CP. I think I would have given Ansarifard a 7. He put a decent shift in with some clever runs.

Still not sure how good he really is but he is better than Murphy.

MoN finally gets a decent mark and deserves it. Now let’s see him name an almost unchanged side and get that elusive back to back win.

I thought ansarifard did ok, he's hardly played so he's not going to be at full tilt. He won the pen got into some good positions and held it up well enough, far more mobile than Murphy who should be used as a battering ram last 20 minute's . Be good to see Grabban start though, and maybe Byram in for cash as he's got an end product.

Would certainly be interesting to see Cash in the middle as he looks like he is capable of getting stuck in and we already know he knows how to get forward.

So I have watched the full game now and I agree with the assesments thought ansarifard did a lot of off the ball work that deserved a better score.

To be honest I don't think anyone deserves less than a 7 today. Except...

Mon: he put together a side that included (and complemented) Carvalho. Showing he actually knows what he can do, but to me that was a pretty cynical last throw to save his own neck. And worst he then goes and spins it afterwards with (basically): "you can't trust johnny foreigner during the harsh British winter can you?" bollocks. F you Moribund Martin. If you had played him and allowed us to play to our strengths before now, we would have been looking at a top 6 finish this season. I would give him an 8 for the team he put out today and for the way he let them play. But I would take away 7.5 of that for flushing our season down the shitter before he got round to it.

iv seen some negative stuff about karim yesterday but i felt he done ok. probably his best game. could have scored . quick feet. gave away a few poor balls alright but wasnt bad. i dont think he will be here next year anyway.

Little harsh on Pantz IMO.

We won 3-0 but I would still criticise the ref as well. VAR, better appeals, no scouse, Leicester or Yorkshire refs

Agree with most of the scores, I'd probably bump Ansarifard up as I thought he had a good game. Yates played well breaking the play up with Pele, one memorable header to clear danger from our box that could have ended with his head being booted into row Z! Most of our recent good defensive performances have been with Milosevic in the team. Carvalho as close to a 10 as I have seen for a long time

So I have watched the full game now and I agree with the assesments thought ansarifard did a lot of off the ball work that deserved a better score.

To be honest I don't think anyone deserves less than a 7 today. Except...

Mon: he put together a side that included (and complemented) Carvalho. Showing he actually knows what he can do, but to me that was a pretty cynical last throw to save his own neck. And worst he then goes and spins it afterwards with (basically): "you can't trust johnny foreigner during the harsh British winter can you?" bollocks. F you Moribund Martin. If you had played him and allowed us to play to our strengths before now, we would have been looking at a top 6 finish this season. I would give him an 8 for the team he put out today and for the way he let them play. But I would take away 7.5 of that for flushing our season down the shitter before he got round to it.

TBF he played him against Villa and he desereved to be dropped after the perfomance he put in that night. Carv has a lot to learn and it's no coincidence that he put in his best performance after having to earn it imo

I agree with Pants score. Had little to do but what he did was poor. Thought Cash had good game and 8 was correct. Harsh marking him down for a foul throw. Ansarifard had a reasonable game. Had a beautiful Birtles like turn, forced a top draw save from Randolph and would of scored if not brought down (red card anywhere else on the pitch, no where near the ball) for the penalty. Also forced another top save in second half. Could be top striker when he starts to read Joao and Joe's movement. The rest I agree with.