Player Ratings v QPR | Vital Football

Player Ratings v QPR

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Please note I'm slightly frustrated:

f we aren't promoted it'll be days like today that I rue the most. QPR were absolutely there for the taking and once more we just plopped a stolid foot forward and hoped for the best. I think MW did a bit of a job on SL today, he knew how important our fullbacks are to us and at times they were almost man marked. I suspect most will blame the officials again but this was a shit performance and we didn't deserve more than a point.

Samba: 6.5, Solid, relatively untroubled.

Cash: 6.5, not the dynamism we are used to but some strong tackles and at times decent balls into the box, if only we had players who got into it...

Ribero: 5.5, rarely able to offer the width we need.

Worrall: 7, lead well and I'm unsure why his goal was ruled out. Looked a bollocks decision.

Figueiredo: 6.5, solid again but needs to improve his passing. That's one area we do miss Dawson from.

Watson: 6, his usual terrier self, just without quite the same dominance while missing his partner.

Silva: 6, was glad to see him in central midfield with Sow missing as this would allow Carvalho to play...ho hum. Reasonable though but his lack of end product is a cause for concern.

Lolley: 5.5, QPR defended well against him but he did look jaded.

Ameobi: 5, days like these make you realise that he makes a better squad player than a starter.

Dialhaby: 5.5, trying to be patient but at the moment you can see why Huddersfield were overjoyed to ship him out. He has tools, just no clue how to use them.

Grabban: 5, he has largely been excellent all season but not signing a centre forward last window has placed a near intolerable burden on him and he has wilted of late.

Subs: too little, too late.

Lamouchi: 4, he has done so much right this season but there are times when he must curb his defensive instincts. Bringing Yates on for an attacking player when we need to chase a game is ludicrous. If we also take him at his word that not selecting Carvalho is tactical then frankly given our lack of creativity and goals from midfield he wants shooting.

Pretty fair apart from ameobi who put in another quality ball their defender nearly turned in, good skill and pass to cash who fluffed his cross and a great strike the keeper just tipped over. When he went off so did most of the hope we'd score, I'd say he was around 6.5.

Would agree with that. No one in that ground could fathom why Yates was brought on and how that could be a substitution that would help the squad.

Too often it feels like our substitutions harm our play rather than help it

Having reflected on this though, I realise now that of the unused subs, the only non defender unused was Walker. Just shows how few options we have.

Does annoy me though that Bostock as been alienated. He could have been really useful

Having reflected on this though, I realise now that of the unused subs, the only non defender unused was Walker. Just shows how few options we have.

Does annoy me though that Bostock as been alienated. He could have been really useful
With a squad as limited as ours you really can't afford to alienate anyone you nevr know when you might have to call on them

Bostock is a weird one, you'd think he'd offer more than Yates with his experience isn't he also ok at set pieces? He's clearly still involved with first team training, maybe lamouchi doesn't like bleached hair da Costa seemed to lose his before he signed.

Bostock is a weird one, you'd think he'd offer more than Yates with his experience isn't he also ok at set pieces? He's clearly still involved with first team training, maybe lamouchi doesn't like bleached hair da Costa seemed to lose his before he signed.

What do you think Brian would have made of bleached hair?

I think Cooper (And Stone, but come on that's a pisstake) were our first under Frank Clark.

What do you think Brian would have made of bleached hair?

I think Cooper (And Stone, but come on that's a pisstake) were our first under Frank Clark.

We all know Mr Clough would not have liked bleached hair and probably would have made them drink it.

Stevie stone with a bleached wig did give me a chuckle tho

Agree about Bostock, I really don't understand why Yates (& Semedo) is selected ahead of him.

I don't like to criticise players, Yates clearly tries hard, but there was almost a collective groan when Yates was brought on for an attacking player.

Agree about Bostock, I really don't understand why Yates (& Semedo) is selected ahead of him.

I don't like to criticise players, Yates clearly tries hard, but there was almost a collective groan when Yates was brought on for an attacking player.
I do think there is a good player in Yates but he is too one paced and pedestrian. Not dynamic enough and certainly not an attacking substitute.

Just needs the right manager and/or coach to get hold of him I think.

I do think there is a good player in Yates but he is too one paced and pedestrian. Not dynamic enough and certainly not an attacking substitute.

Just needs the right manager and/or coach to get hold of him I think.

Yates is effectively the Watson replacement, he is a good footballer but he cannot sprint - I thought Silva & Watson did ok as a pairing, which is why I couldn't grasp why we brought on another DCM.

Yates is effectively the Watson replacement, he is a good footballer but he cannot sprint - I thought Silva & Watson did ok as a pairing, which is why I couldn't grasp why we brought on another DCM.

Yates is young but Watson is the type of defensive player that can play a good long ball from deep, Yates seems only able to pass sideways and short or backwards at the moment. He has a lot of improving to do if he is going to be the long term replacement for Watson, but we have seen in Cash and Worrall how quickly young players can improve so can't write him off just yet but at the moment I'm happier with any of Watson, Sow, Silva playing with Yates on the bench for when we need to defend a lead (not looking for a goal like last game!)