Player Ratings v Fulham | Vital Football

Player Ratings v Fulham

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
What a great result, defensively strong again and with threat too. Once again the pairing of Dawson and Worrall looked formidable, this time with a confident keeper behind them. Grabban, how many could he score if we actually created a bucket load of chances got him?

We are now a big, powerful organised side with a sprinkling of quality on top. Yes it's defensive and direct but I'm hopeful that will gradually change and we improve our quality on the ball. Besides however much I might wish style points were given out, they aren't.

Samba: 8, looked composed and confident. Right now its looking unlikely the best young keeper in the world according to some will ever get back in the side. An assured debut.

Jenkinson: 7, defensively ok for the most part but unable to exert any influence going forward. Early days but lucky to be in ahead of Cash currently.

Robinson: 8, great involvement for the goal, he'll always lack pace but hopefully this will give him some confidence to get forward a touch more. Seems to be cutting down the moments of idiocy.

Dawson: 9, wherever you looked there were threats all over the pitch from Fulham, wherever you looked they were tidied away by this man (who lead brilliantly) or by...

Worrall: 9, long may this continue. Right now he looks the absolute business. No mistakes, great in the air, strong in the tackle and starting to believe he's a leader too.

Watson: 8, had to be there to see how good he was. Cairney runs everything for Fulham, not today he didn't. Watson controlled the 20 yards in front of the back 4, denying them space and virtually any type of quality chance.

Sow: 7, put a shift in without ever being able to strongly influence the game.

Silva: 6.5, some nice passing especially early on to give us the initiative but as Fulham started to boss the game became largely invisible. He looks a lovely footballer but when we're so compact, defensive and direct it's going to be hard for him.

Ameobi: 7, grafted hard without ever being much if a threat going forward. His physicality certainly helps the side with this current style but needs to make more of the tools he has.

Lolley: 7.5, played a part in the first goal and sporadically showed glimpses of quality but perhaps most impressively he actually worked his tits off to help Jenkinson who at times struggled. We've seen him abandon his fullback previously so this was great to watch and potentially a sign that things are great in the dressing room.

Grabban: 9, took the first really well and afterwards largely fell on scraps but he pounced on a mistake for his second at a time when we under real pressure.

Subs

Cash and Semedo were on the pace instantly, Adomah less so but by then we were largely done as an attacking threat

Lamouchi: 8, he probably deserves a 9 for the way he's organised the team today (while also getting more threat than we've seen to date away from home) but I'm a footballing snob and don't enjoy such defensive and direct football as much as some do.

Made a big call dropping the City keeper which looked absolutely correct, 50/50 on the Jenkinson over Cash decision but otherwise he seems to be doing very nicely with the tools available to him.

Can't contribute to this today but the Dawson/Worrall partnership is looking like the best since Morgan/Wilson, maybe even Walker/Dawson.

They look absolutely sensational together and Worrall's performances are absolutely winning my admiration

It will be interesting to see how they do with pacy and skillful forwards (not that there are many in the championship) but agreed they look the business now, and Watson had been very adept at not leaving them cruised 1 v 1 very often.

Got to feel a bit sorry for Cash couple of good games at full back then had to move on to right side of midfield to cover for the injured Lolley on Wednesday, this let Jenkinson in at right back, Lolley fit again and naturally regains his place, and Cash is out of the side having only moved from full back for the good of the team, but that's modern sport for you I suppose

Watched it on the the box, apart from the last 8 minutes plus stoppage time when the river ran dry.

Samba 8.5 looked a lot more confident than Muric (who probably had his best game v Charlton) 2 top draw saves, confident coming for crosses and has a punch like heavyweight boxer. Distribution was also decent, very good league debut.

Robbo 8 great cross to pick out grabban, dealt with most things that came at him and made one brilliant block.

Dawson 9 proper leader and playing so well, clearly enjoying playing and really helping worral to progress.

Worral 9 looking confident and composed not letting any one past him, dominant in the air and passing improving. Brave header at the end to deflect a dangerous shot wide.

Jenkinson 8 looks a solid RB as you will see at this level, doesn't dive in and good with ball didn't struggle today even with lack of matches.

Watson 8.5 today he rolled back the years he kept going the whole game marshaling the area in front of the CB, made important tackles, intercepted a few dangerous passes and his passing was really good. If he can do this every game I take back my criticism of his lack of ability to keep up with games.

Sow 8 guys so solid gives us much needed strength in midfield and he can play, he isn't being booked every game either which is nice.

Silva 7.5 clearly has talent and trys to get us moving forward, also doesn't shy away from getting stuck in did fade a bit 2nd half.

Lolley 8 flashes of what he is about but probably still feeling his knock and also got hurt in the game, he put in a shift helping defend today which was good to see. I'd rest him v derby ready for Preston .

Ameobi 8 also put in a shift helping up and down the pitch, awkward to play against and got an assist.

Grabban 9 took the first well, 2nd held his nerve rounded a couple of defenders and lashed it in off the post. Also put a shift in helping the midfield.

Subs
cash 6 didn't have long, didn't cut out the cross for their goal

Semedo 7 put more effort in than the Charlton game, helped to run the game down.

Albert 6 not much time but helped see the game out.

Lamouchi 8.5 interesting he changed keepers wonder if he keeps samba now. Got the whole team playing to his plan, and it worked well very hard to break down but still offered a threat and against a very good side we looked mostly in control.

Agree with cps ratings. Might drop Silva a little I thought he was anonymous and was getting bullied.. I can't see him keeping his place.

Samba was brilliant in goal. Much more confident and assured.

Dawson and worrall were excellent .

I hope Watson starts getting the credit he deserves he fought hard today he was great.

Brilliant result . In yester years we would have crumbled.

Samba - 8, fantastic agilty, confident with crosses, marshalls the defence well but distribution leaves a lot to be desired - If we have to have a keeper with one weak spot I will take distribution every day of the week.

Jenkinson - 8, confident, composed and assured; in a totally different league to Cash at Full Back. Maybe harsh on Cash but now he can concentrate on playing further up the pitch where he should be.

Robinson - 8, Stuck to his task very well against a potentially difficult opponent who always seems to play well against us. He displayed a discipline which was sadly lacking in the first half on Wednesday.

Dawson - 9, Imperious and majestic; reads the game so well and leads by example.

Worrall - 9, Never been afraid of assuming responsibility, but tended to bite off more than he could chew; He looks much more mature and confident in the role now and it is showing in some pretty impressive displays.

Watson - 9, The fact that we are not missing Colback one bit speaks volumes for Watson; his positioning and covering is first class, less so his shooting.

Sow - 8, Continues to impress and I do not think we have seen anything like the best of him yet. Provides a much needed physicality in the middle where we are no longer a soft touch.

Silva - 6, Fleeting glimpses of talent but lacks consistency. Could be trying that bit too much to impress because he does not want for effort. I would like to think we will see missing bits when he settles down.

Ameobi - 7, Hard working and disciplined yet infuriating at times; He is in the side on merit at the moment.

Lolley - 7, Hugely instrumental in the first goal and worked hard defensively; we know what he is capable of from an attacking perspective but he is now adding other aspects to his game.

Grabben - 8, Took both goals well and worked very hard; looks like he enjoying his football once more; long may it continue.

Lamouchi is certainly a man with a plan; he does his home work on our opponents, sets the side up well and we appear to have a balance in the side that has not been evident for some while.

We have reached 8 points two games earlier than last season while playing more difficult opponents; we are not there yet but significant progress is certainly being made.

With the exception of not having sufficient cover for Grabban the squad is appreciably stronger with good competition for places in defence and midfield; all we need to do now is convert that into points.

Samba - 8, fantastic agilty, confident with crosses, marshalls the defence well but distribution leaves a lot to be desired - If we have to have a keeper with one weak spot I will take distribution every day of the week.

Jenkinson - 8, confident, composed and assured; in a totally different league to Cash at Full Back. Maybe harsh on Cash but now he can concentrate on playing further up the pitch where he should be.

Robinson - 8, Stuck to his task very well against a potentially difficult opponent who always seems to play well against us. He displayed a discipline which was sadly lacking in the first half on Wednesday.

Dawson - 9, Imperious and majestic; reads the game so well and leads by example.

Worrall - 9, Never been afraid of assuming responsibility, but tended to bite off more than he could chew; He looks much more mature and confident in the role now and it is showing in some pretty impressive displays.

Watson - 9, The fact that we are not missing Colback one bit speaks volumes for Watson; his positioning and covering is first class, less so his shooting.

Sow - 8, Continues to impress and I do not think we have seen anything like the best of him yet. Provides a much needed physicality in the middle where we are no longer a soft touch.

Silva - 6, Fleeting glimpses of talent but lacks consistency. Could be trying that bit too much to impress because he does not want for effort. I would like to think we will see missing bits when he settles down.

Ameobi - 7, Hard working and disciplined yet infuriating at times; He is in the side on merit at the moment.

Lolley - 7, Hugely instrumental in the first goal and worked hard defensively; we know what he is capable of from an attacking perspective but he is now adding other aspects to his game.

Grabben - 8, Took both goals well and worked very hard; looks like he enjoying his football once more; long may it continue.

Lamouchi is certainly a man with a plan; he does his home work on our opponents, sets the side up well and we appear to have a balance in the side that has not been evident for some while.

We have reached 8 points two games earlier than last season while playing more difficult opponents; we are not there yet but significant progress is certainly being made.

With the exception of not having sufficient cover for Grabban the squad is appreciably stronger with good competition for places in defence and midfield; all we need to do now is convert that into points.

Have waited to say this and tbh is still a little early but does suggest that recruitment is not as hit and miss as some have suggested. None of the new guys, excepting the kid have embarrassed themselves imo. I liked os and geddy but too many were too comfortable.

Agree with cps ratings. Might drop Silva a little I thought he was anonymous and was getting bullied.. I can't see him keeping his place.

Samba was brilliant in goal. Much more confident and assured.

Dawson and worrall were excellent .

I hope Watson starts getting the credit he deserves he fought hard today he was great.

Brilliant result . In yester years we would have crumbled.
Yes Watson is showing the form he did when we first signed him, actually think he has thrived because we didnt sign Colback. Not sure why, but the combination of Watson and Colback didn't work but Watson has looked better with just about any other partner and he certainly is looking miles better now.
And Daws and Worrall look the business. Kudos to the manager, as far as I'm concerned he is getting us organized even better than AK and tactically we are looking good.

Watson was MOTM for me.i cant believe CP, Mao and I were in the ground together and never even hot to kiss

I was sat down the front.

It got quite fractious; the stewards insisted that everyone sat down - every time they had most people seated someone started the "stand up if you hate Derby" song.