Player ratings for blackburn | Vital Football

Player ratings for blackburn

radfordinlondon

Vital Football Legend
Cant wait for plums, still buzzing from our first win. Had my best nights sleep in months. Feel like everyone should get a 10, the boys dug deep yesterday, never letting blackburn settle. They tried to get up in our faces but we stayed composed. Speed is still the issue holding us back imo but fook me this league will fear us if CH can get this team to gel.

Superstar- was never really worked but always looking to move us on 7

Christie- as an ex sheep he has a high bar to pass but got involved yesterday and is growing in consistency. Can deliver a ball and tackle. 7

Figgy- much better yesterday, despite a slip. Imo it felt like he knew the players both sides of him a bit better and trust will have been built yesterday. 7

Mckenna- i like this kid, big, powerful not black but better than L1. Echoes of harry mcguire imo. 7.5

Ioannou- another big, powerful lad whoose ears contain a rader that helps him pick a pass. Composed on the ball, great link up play, best defender on the day. 8

Colback- was 10 yards further up the pitch but also more mobile. Did exactly what the ginger destroyer is meant to do without the diving in tendancies. 7

Yates- was a bit less headless chicken but that imo was down to the whole team being more organised. Still has a tendancy to go sideways or backwards but worked well with colback yesterday. 7.5

Ameobi- same old sammy, giving the ball away 1 min and then a ridiculous smash against the post. If sammy was consistent he would be devestating. 6.5

Joe- did very little tbh but he does score big goals for us 6.5

Erm have to like get on with work so

Luke, like him, struggled to get involved at times but a very clever player who will do more with time. 6.5

Grabz- worked hard, lack of service first half. 6

Subs

Artur 7
LT 7.5 we looked more lively when he came on

Pretty fair assessment Radford.
I‘m not a huge fan of figs and reckon we’ll be even more solid with Soh or Worrall alongside McKenna. I thought Arter was excellent when he came on, I’d pick him over Colback personally. Freeman for me deserved an extra point, his work rate and showing for the ball was terrific. When CH gets this lot purring we’ll take some stopping

Pretty fair assessment Radford.
I‘m not a huge fan of figs and reckon we’ll be even more solid with Soh or Worrall alongside McKenna. I thought Arter was excellent when he came on, I’d pick him over Colback personally. Freeman for me deserved an extra point, his work rate and showing for the ball was terrific. When CH gets this lot purring we’ll take some stopping

Agree with most of that, do think artur is class and freeman as well. No reason to think CH cant get yates/colback, artur and freeman on the same page, when they do, players like joe, LT and grabs are gonna have a field day. Add knockhart and grosicki to that and its difficult not to let the dreaded hope back in.

Cant wait to see where we are in 4-5 games time

Think mostly a bit rated, it was poor for an hour, 5's n 6's for most of em bar Christie first half.

Was noticeable that loanou was staying inside our box as opposed to closing down the wide men when they attacked, and the centre halves a bit narrower which suited mckenna and figz i thinks. A lot of work for our wide men this year.

Toothless until Taylor came on, the opposition started rushing their passes everytime he was around, they suddenly started giving us pocession back and his presence lifted the whole team. He did more within 10mins than grabz in 10 games, blatant difference and must start.

We need to see the other striker on the bench too, we are short up front. Maybe start him in number 10 role cos freemans wasted in the 10. Grabz, lolz, ameobi out, Taylor, Guerrero, Knockheard in :)