Player of the year do. | Vital Football

Player of the year do.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Details now on the O/S - Sat 5 May after the Plymouth game from 8 pm - a mere 60+VAT per person (72). A bit steep IMHO.

If we could nominate three players, my submissions, in order, would be:

Tomas Holy

Tom Eaves

Gabriel Zakuani

Who would yours be.... ?

GRSGimmer - 3/4/2018 18:39

Details now on the O/S - Sat 5 May after the Plymouth game from 8 pm - a mere 60+VAT per person (72). A bit steep IMHO.
It?s always been a black-tie corporate event which has always put me off. Bring back the days where you used to have an off-shoot event in the Blues Rock Cafe which would tie in with the formal one.

I think Parker should be on that list - not a front runner perhaps but one who has improved throughout the season.

LancsGordoRoad - 3/4/2018 18:47

If we could nominate three players, my submissions, in order, would be:

Tomas Holy

Tom Eaves

Gabriel Zakuani

Who would yours be.... ?

Holy and Eaves for sure.

I am not convinced by Zakuani - yep his throws his body on the line but his distribution is poor for a professional defender. I think O'Neil has come on leaps and bounds so I would go with him.

I remember the old player of the year do down the Stanley Ballrooms in Chatham. Cheap night out in those days.

I think you should have waited a few days before bringing this post up after yesterday .... just saying- not sure everyone is in player of the year mood today !!

Parker, Eaves and Holy would be my shortlist.
60 is not an outrageous price. 3 course meal, disco, live band and sitting amongst your Gills heroes!

I think Holy has lost his way over the past month or so.
Looked very nervous at Southend, his sliced clearance led to the corner that gave them their first goal.
Many of the goals conceded in other recent matches he hasn?t moved or reacted late to the shots. Still a good season overall for him,
But he hasn?t really got any competition for his place since Nelson left, and maybe it?s been reflected in his performances.

I would consider Byrne as well, probably goal of the season and non stop energy and 100% effort every match.

This event ceased to mean very much quite some time ago. You can't monetise everything and expect people to feel the same about things. I used to go every year but stopped when it withdrew from fans, too expensive, too controlled, no fun. Good luck to those who it is now aimed at but most have been abandoned. It is no longer a fans' event.

I personally think that Luke O'Neill has been our best player this season by a country mile. Solid defensively and created so many chances this season for other players. Think he leads on assists and his free kick ability is second to none. Best Right Back we've had in a very long time.

Errr not sure about that -hes been done a few times for pace for me. Hes ok and generally solid. How many goals has he scored on free kicks ?

The tickets for this event have been selling well with only a limited few remaining according to the tannoy announcement last night at half time.