Player of the Season | Vital Football

Player of the Season

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
I have just been on the club web site to look at squad to respond to Bears
challenge of picking a team not containing any of the current starting XI

It provided the opportunity of voting for player of the season so I filled in the relevant bumf but was not allowed to vote unless voting for fan of the season so I held back to look for opportunity to vote elsewhere. Does anybody know if this is possible. If it is not I will not vote.

I find it incredibly nauseating to be forced to vote for one of three fans who I do not know based on how much money they raise for charity.
Commendable as it is, I work 90 hours a week in addition to running a home and still looking after my grown up family I do not have time for fund raising although the tax I pay is more than enough to fund certain things.
I have also actively supported the club for longer than all 3 including 2 of them put together but clearly am not the type of fan they want.
Sucking up to club, filming blogs about games they have not been to or talking about what snack they buy from tesco express before the game to go with their coke is likely to get a fan on the shortlist.

Last edited:
Fan of the season...there are a few on here who should be considered. Probably only way to vote unless you do an unofficial one on the pink in or something.

I say just vote for any of the fans and then vote for the player.

Who are you going to vote for? They should have like most improved player too

I know a fan who hasn’t missed a game for decades , but as usual is not mentioned . This fan of the season garbage all seems a bit of a joke to me

POTS is a real tough decision. There are so many good candidates. Buendia, Pukki (of course), Vrancic, Aarons, Hernandez, Zimmermann.
I love the way that Buendia plays the game but also love the way Mo Leitner plays, although he’s not played enough to get my vote. Zimmermann has been a revelation as a leader - who would’ve thought that Hanley and Klose would be kicking their heels for so long on the sidelines?
I think that 24 goals and 9 assists make it hard for me to look past Pukki though. He has been a real surprise package and been the best striker in the league, so he’ll get my vote.
My top three would be 1. Pukki 2. Buendia 3. Zimmermann

Thoughts?

YB.
I saw that fan at Boro away.
Funnily enough not the tedious film themselves bloggers who were busily watching tv and telling fans who went to the game their more important opinions.

I was thinking about this season and I must say I'm very impressed with our discipline too. How many red cards have we had this season? How many penalties have we given away? We collect a few yellows but never get followed with a second.

Hanley got a red for that quality tackle v Portsmouth in the FA Cup . It seemed to spell a ‘ death’ sentence for him !

It’s a really tough call - Pukki has been the big difference from last season, 24 goals and 10 assists from our striker beats anything all of our strikers combined last season did

But then you have Aarons, Lewis, Buendia, Zimbo who have all been absolutely class as well!

If you put a gun to my head I’d go

Aarons
Pukki
Zimbo