Player Contracts | Vital Football

Player Contracts

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Seen a few threads on a few sites asking about players contracts at the end of this season.

Bit early for the annual "who do we release / keep thread" but here is the actual list of who is contracted and who isn't.

Loans Players - Returning to their paerent club at the end of the season

Joe Lumley GK - QPR
Sean Longstaff Midfielder - Newcastle
Callum Cooke Midfielder - Middlesboro
Viv Solomon Otabar Forward - Birmingham City
Daniel Agyei Forward - Burnley

Players contracted to BFC are:

Keepers
Ben Williams - Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Christoffer Mafoumbi - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that

Defenders
[red]Kelvin Mellor - Out of contract[/red]
[red]Andy Taylor - Out of contract[/red]
Clark Robertson - Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Will Aimson -Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Curtis Tilt - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that
Oliver Turton - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that
Nick Anderton - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that

Midfielders
[red]Jim McAlister - Out of contract[/red]
Sessi D'Almeida - Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Jimmy Ryan --Contracted until the end of 18-19
[red]Jay Spearing - Out of contract[/red]
[red]Colin Daniel - Out of contract[/red]

Forwards
[red]Kyle Vassel - Out of contract[/red]
[red]Mark Cullen - Out of contract[/red]
Danny Philliskirk - Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Max Clayton - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that
[red]Armand Gnanduillet- Out of contract[/red]
Dolly Menga - Contract up at the end of the season
Scott Quigley - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that
Nathan Delfouneso - Contract up at the end of the season -1year option
Raul Correia - Contract up at the end of the season 1year option
[red]Jamille Matt - Out of contract[/red]

Youth
[red]Myles Boney - Out of contract[/red]
Rowan Roache - Contracted until the end of 18-19 with a 1yr option at the end of that
Caleb Richards - Contract up at the end of the season 1year option
Jack Sims - Contract up at the end of the season 1year option
Denzel Williams - Contract up at the end of the season 1year option

Last edited:
Mixed bag of who we would want. No one seems that important to me with new owners coming in. of those out of contract that i'd really like to keep is Mellor.

Hastings - 25/3/2018 18:21

Mixed bag of who we would want. No one seems that important to me with new owners coming in. of those out of contract that i'd really like to keep is Mellor.

add Daniel to that for me

Sign Lumley and Viv.

Take the option up on Williams and have him as third choice player/coach.

Sign Mellor and take the options up on Robertson and Aimson.

Take the option up on Sessi and give Spearing one year deal.

Give Vass and Cullen new deals. Take option up on Philliskirk. Give Gnanduillet new deal.

Release Taylor, McAlister, Daniel, Menga, Fonz, Correira, Matt, Boney, Richards, Sims, Williams. Find someone to take on Clayton's contract.

Leaves you with starting point of:

Lumley, Mafoumbi, Williams

Mellor, Turton, Anderton, Tilt, Robertson, Aimson

Ryan, Spearing, Sessi

Viv, Vass, Cullen, Philliskirk, Gnanduillet, Quigley, Roache

Then sign a left back, centre half, two centre mids and three wingers.

We have missed a player of Potts' style this season.
It was initially filled by Longstaf but since that injury he just doesn't look the same player.
There is a definite gap betweenthe player infront of the back 4 (Ryan / Spearing) and hence the forwards come back too far looking for the ball.

I'd love to sign Lumley, interesting to see who does buy the club and what £ funds are made available for the manager.

It's all about new owners of course. That said there isn't much i would keep. Happy enough with Abel's assessment. BUT no way is Lumley going to sign for us he is too good and Brummie will be off to see if he can get in their team.

Vass is infuriating. He is powerful and quick but boy is he stupid. His positioning is terrible really bad. He sits on defenders rather than try and drop off them. He calls for balls when there are players between him and them not through balls. On Saturday they were a really big team he was trying to compete in the air rather than making runs, I get it that it depends on instructions and quality of ball but he is too good not to score more.

Interesting there is no option on the Pritchard deal. Perhaps we are changing the way we do business?