PLAY OFFS | Vital Football

PLAY OFFS

Leicslatic

Vital Youth Team
This morning we are 250/1 to reach the division 1 play offs! Could anyone have imagined that after thrashing Hull 8-0 (current div 1 leaders) and ending last season comfortably mid table in the Championship? It is quite extraordinary how far we have fallen and there may be worse to come.

This morning we are 250/1 to reach the division 1 play offs! Could anyone have imagined that after thrashing Hull 8-0 (current div 1 leaders) and ending last season comfortably mid table in the Championship? It is quite extraordinary how far we have fallen and there may be worse to come.
Way things have gone since then there's no "may" about it ! 🙄

Worth a tenner ?

In terms of fall pre to post Covid, no club will come close to beating us. Our last game allowed in the DW was a 0-0 draw against Luton in the Championship, where we sat outside the bottom three. Next time we are allowed in the the DW, it will be for a L2 game. Truly incredible for all the wrong reasons.

This club has had a proper job done on lt, at the moment I despise football I dread match days and I no longer watch or listen to the Prem. I dont listen to talksport anymore either. I couldnt give a fuck about it and to me football is now the same as all things rugby, utter feckin dross.

Worth a tenner ?
Well I live in Leicester and the year the foxes won the premiership they were 5000/1 to win the premiership. Save your tenner watching the tics tomorrow night and instead have the possibility of a £2500 windfall at the end of the season!! Sounds like a no brainer to me!

Do everything you can to get a good owner and stay up if at all possible because going into L2 will be difficult to turn round. The salary cap has certainly levelled the playing field but sadly to the lowest denominator making it difficult for the bigger clubs like Bolton and yourselves to bring in the necessary players. It also makes it much easier for clubs above who can pay higher wages, to pick off your better players. We’re desperate to get out first time because the longer you’re down there the more difficult it will become to get out. What’s happened to us both is criminal (literally) from corrupt owners but hopefully we’ll both bounce back from it before too long. Just keep the faith and good luck to you.

Do everything you can to get a good owner and stay up if at all possible because going into L2 will be difficult to turn round. The salary cap has certainly levelled the playing field but sadly to the lowest denominator making it difficult for the bigger clubs like Bolton and yourselves to bring in the necessary players. It also makes it much easier for clubs above who can pay higher wages, to pick off your better players. We’re desperate to get out first time because the longer you’re down there the more difficult it will become to get out. What’s happened to us both is criminal (literally) from corrupt owners but hopefully we’ll both bounce back from it before too long. Just keep the faith and good luck to you.

Cheers marrer I just wish the so called rescue package from the Prem had been introduced a lot sooner. We have got absolutely nowt especially on the playing side of it. It is going to take another Wigan Ath miracle to get out of this hole we are in. I hate football at present.

BTW your lads are putting a few results together now.

Seems very high odds for such a bet - on my experience bookies are not that generous !

Which bookie is offering these very very high odds, which frankly I just don’t believe ?.
BET VICTOR LEAGUE ONE PLAYOFFS 20/21.
Just checked - WIGAN ARE STILL 250/1

Cheers marrer I just wish the so called rescue package from the Prem had been introduced a lot sooner. We have got absolutely nowt especially on the playing side of it. It is going to take another Wigan Ath miracle to get out of this hole we are in. I hate football at present.

BTW your lads are putting a few results together now.

We’ve looked better recently stetic but the embargo’s on signings have left us scraping the barrel for players and consequently we have some poor ones. The wage cap hasn’t helped and takes no account of club size or revenue, which will also affect you if you don’t avoid going down. There’s still lots of time for you to strengthen if the EFL can get their finger out and you can get a decent owner in before the January window. Keep the faith and let’s hope good things happen soon and we are both playing our derby in L1 next year?

We’ve looked better recently stetic but the embargo’s on signings have left us scraping the barrel for players and consequently we have some poor ones. The wage cap hasn’t helped and takes no account of club size or revenue, which will also affect you if you don’t avoid going down. There’s still lots of time for you to strengthen if the EFL can get their finger out and you can get a decent owner in before the January window. Keep the faith and let’s hope good things happen soon and we are both playing our derby in L1 next year?

Hey Warren, I found your insights into the salary cap quite interesting, thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm probably not100% up to speed on all the regs but my understanding was that L1 and L2 clubs need to operate within the salary cap. Teams that drop into one of the divisions can use "average salary" for players already signed on contracts that are in excess of the average.
Do you ever envisage a scenario where a team (say Bolton or Wigan) which has the revenue streams to be able to spend beyond the cap, but which have been marooned in a division for a while and therefore are constrained by the cap itself and can't get promoted, will take a "tactical" relegation to the conference (where I assume no cap is in place), spend big to bring quality players in on longer contracts, then enjoy successive promotions, up the divisions, secure in the knowledge that the players on bigger salaries can be accounted for on the average ?
In reality, I doubt this will ever happen, was just musing, more likely that clubs will employ some "creative accountants" to sign a player on an average wage, and give his brother, sister, wife a job within the admin side of things. There will always be loop holes to exploit by the wealthier.

Hey Warren, I found your insights into the salary cap quite interesting, thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm probably not100% up to speed on all the regs but my understanding was that L1 and L2 clubs need to operate within the salary cap. Teams that drop into one of the divisions can use "average salary" for players already signed on contracts that are in excess of the average.
Do you ever envisage a scenario where a team (say Bolton or Wigan) which has the revenue streams to be able to spend beyond the cap, but which have been marooned in a division for a while and therefore are constrained by the cap itself and can't get promoted, will take a "tactical" relegation to the conference (where I assume no cap is in place), spend big to bring quality players in on longer contracts, then enjoy successive promotions, up the divisions, secure in the knowledge that the players on bigger salaries can be accounted for on the average ?
In reality, I doubt this will ever happen, was just musing, more likely that clubs will employ some "creative accountants" to sign a player on an average wage, and give his brother, sister, wife a job within the admin side of things. There will always be loop holes to exploit by the wealthier.

Truth is Arthur, I don’t think anyone knows how the cap will develop but it’s certainly slanted towards the smaller clubs, which makes it a problem for the likes of us. You’re right about teams coming down, allowance is made with average being used but it does affect the prospects of bringing better quality players in, or keeping the ones you have. In L2 £1.5m doesn’t go very far so even if we had money for transfers, we couldn’t pay the wages to go with it. We both need to get back into the Championship as soon as we can and although that looks difficult just now, things can change quickly, as long as you have committed and genuine owners. I think we do so let’s hope you do soon too. 👍