Play offs - who is your money on? | Vital Football

Play offs - who is your money on?

We don't want Charlton going up. It's a great local derby, particularly when we win, as we did this year.

Villa, I hope Shrewsbury but have a horrible feeling Charlton might sneak it, Exeter and Tranmere.

I see that Boreham wood are in the final against Tranmere. It would be weird if BW won as their average gate is about 500, whereas Tranmere's is 5,000!

Tranmere, Coventry, Rotherham + Fulham. Can you get each way? lol

Last edited:
Nice to see Fulham restored to their rightful place at the foot of the First Division

Unfortunately, just about every promoted team from all divisions is destined to be at the foot of the division above.

Doubt we'll ever again see teams rise through the leagues quickly like Watford, Swansea, Wimbledon, Notts County (I think) back in the day. Probably a couple of others I've missed.

I think the gap between each division is just too much now. Massive investment needed to do it.

Unfortunately, just about every promoted team from all divisions is destined to be at the foot of the division above.

Doubt we'll ever again see teams rise through the leagues quickly like Watford, Swansea, Wimbledon, Notts County (I think) back in the day. Probably a couple of others I've missed.

I think the gap between each division is just too much now. Massive investment needed to do it.

Well no team promoted in 2017 was relegated in 2018. I know that’s the exception but hardly depicts a growing gap. I think what we see more commonly are divisions within divisions - the top 6 in the premiership being the obvious example.