Play off winners | Page 6 | Vital Football

Play off winners

What is the point in reducing the capacity to tiny numbers if the fans are all in the same area of the ground? They could have three times as many fans and still have better social distancing.

I backed Brentford, Blackpool and Newport before the playoffs started. £7 (including £5 free bet) worth £229 if they all came. Bottled it and cashed at £105. Hoping Morecambe win now ;-)

I have Brentford, Blackpool and Morecambe. Not cashing out but tempted.

£63.90 IF Morecambe win for a £5 stake.

Fun fact.

All 3 promoted teams, confirmed their promotion when playing against Lincoln.

Congratulations Whitstable 👍

It would be fantastic if you could get to see your side playing in the Championship next season. Here’s hoping fans are allowed and you are able.
"Fun fact".
OSK, I salute you. Superbly nerdy. I'm jealous.

Well done Morecambe. Always had a soft spot for them after an away day there the first year Hess came back.

It was right after their new stadium opened and after the match we met a few who invited us into the home bar. Lovely folk and we were supposedly the first away fans to be let in.

Fun fact.

All 3 promoted teams, confirmed their promotion when playing against Lincoln.

Congratulations Whitstable 👍

It would be fantastic if you could get to see your side playing in the Championship next season. Here’s hoping fans are allowed and you are able.
What a fact! If only I knew some more people who gave a shit about league one 😂

Many many years ago, my dad was a Customs and Excise officer at Heysham Harbour. The master of a Norwegian tanker lying off to unload at the refinery said he had a football team of crew members on board if the locals fancied a game and could come up with a team. The officers and harbour staff did better than that. They got Christie Park and Morecambe's kit, with coverage from the Visitor. Dad said his lot nearly died of fright when the Norwegians came on to the pitch. They were all huge, blond and fit, and started doing stretching exercises. Final score, England/Morecambe (depending on how the story is told) 7: 2 Norway, with Dad scoring a brace. Their boys took a hell of a beating, dare one say.

Last edited:
Well done Morecambe. Always had a soft spot for them after an away day there the first year Hess came back.

It was right after their new stadium opened and after the match we met a few who invited us into the home bar. Lovely folk and we were supposedly the first away fans to be let in.
I had a soft spot for them since meeting there ex manager Jim Bentley. I thought he did a remarkable job keeping them in the league. Perhaps it shows that sometimes simply staying up is a achievement. IE had Pennock or Lovell got us relegated Steve Evans may not have take the job.Or Scally might not have been able to afford him.While at the time in might seem like a manager is a total failure. There are hidden consequences after a manager has left.
Stimson for example left behind Mark McCammon and Justin Edinburgh left behind JET both had a lasting financial affect on the club.

Last edited: