Play off winners | Page 2 | Vital Football

Play off winners

I really thought in Feb/Mar Lincoln were going to fall out of the play off picture altogether. They and Blackpool have hit form at the right time.
It really will be funny to see Sunderland in this division AGAIN (when do they stop being a big fish in the small pond?).
Think Blackpool will edge it overall and probably deservedly.

I really thought in Feb/Mar Lincoln were going to fall out of the play off picture altogether. They and Blackpool have hit form at the right time.
It really will be funny to see Sunderland in this division AGAIN (when do they stop being a big fish in the small pond?).
Think Blackpool will edge it overall and probably deservedly.
I agree Thrapston.
In my opinion Hull and Blackpool were the best we played this season.
Posh were a bit hit and miss but managed to get over the line.
I’d take a good look at their released lists.
There will be a few decent players who won’t get a championship contract.

edit < can’t think of a Sunderland player I’d want.

I agree Thrapston.
In my opinion Hull and Blackpool were the best we played this season.
Posh were a bit hit and miss but managed to get over the line.
I’d take a good look at their released lists.
There will be a few decent players who won’t get a championship contract.

edit < can’t think of a Sunderland player I’d want.

I'd have Charlie Wyke tbf.

Blackpool looked very good in the Oxford highlights. Happy to see the team that Mr. Maxwell thought should take our place in the League stumble. They occupy the second tier in our pantheon of unreasonable, but never forgotten, grievances (of course Blackpool occupy the third tier).

I think Sunderland will see off Lincoln and stumble at the final.

On the other hand, playoffs can be very odd. Years ago, Blackpool won two-nil at Valley Parade but lost three-nil at Bloomfield Road to Bradford City. My parents (dad a City ST holder by then) were visiting us here after the first leg and missed the second result. On returning to Leeds-Bradford, they were met by dad's pal -ex-Royal Marine, Lord Lovat's batman -Dieppe and D Day- grinning like a Cheshire Cat and waving two Wembley tickets. That's how to come home from the holidays!

Conundrum for Sunderland on Saturday according to their forum.
McGeady has a clause that automatically sparks a year extension if he plays 30 games.
The playoff semi will be his 30th!
Does Johnson pick him and gamble for promotion or leave him out?
If they fail, they are stuck with him for another season on £20 a week.
Big call for the chairman.