Play Off Position | Vital Football

Play Off Position

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well as suspected, Stockport's draw with Torquay today leaves us needing snookers to finish third. We need to win both our remaining games and hope Stockport dont win both of theirs. They play Woking and Yeovil and we have Sutton away and then Weymouth. I cant see us taking three points off Sutton and it is hard to imagine Stockport not winning their games so barring miracles we will finish 4th. I believe that means we have a home game against the team finishing 6th or 7th and if we win that we are away to the team that finished 3rd which is Stockport. If we win that we are in the final. All in all if we get into the FL it will be the hard way. That Maidenhead result may well turn out to be season defining.

Last edited:
Like you Alf2, I can't see Pools achieving a 3rd place finish after today's result. The losses against Bromley and Maidenhead will, I fear, prove very costly. A home game against the team in 7th position will be no certainty, whilst an away game at either Stockport or Torquay, should we get that far, will be extremely difficult to achieve a positive outcome.

I believe that the game against Sutton has now been moved to next Sunday for BT broadcast. Fully anticipate that we shall see some, significant, team changes for this game to avoid injuries to our key players on their "plastic " pitch.

It is a huge game for Sutton because three points mean Torquay cant catch them due to their superior goal difference. They will be going all out for the win. To be pragmatic a much changed team might be a consideration but I would like to see Pools make life as difficult as possible for them. If we field a reserve team I wonder if there may be trouble from the NL.