"Plastics! Plastics!" | Page 3 | Vital Football

"Plastics! Plastics!"

I personally don't care if a supporter has been going 60 odd years or yesterday was their first game. There will be Imps fans across the world now due to our increased exposure on the internet and tellybox who have never seen the team play live. We are all Imps together and the more the merrier.

Exactly that.
It's brilliant that we've had several landmark games in recent times (Ipswich Burnley Arsenal Wembley Everton) and had people (often whole families) come along for the first time and BECOME new Imps.
We all started somewhere!
(Although mine was a little less glamorous home vs Workington!!!)

Exactly that.
It's brilliant that we've had several landmark games in recent times (Ipswich Burnley Arsenal Wembley Everton) and had people (often whole families) come along for the first time and BECOME new Imps.
We all started somewhere!
(Although mine was a little less glamorous home vs Workington!!!)
Me too Brentford in 1982, a 1-0 win like yesterday .
If our fishy friends keep claiming that none of us went before the Oldham game as we were formed that does game that mean that the hammerings they gave us at home in the conference seasons no longer exist ;):fish:

Last edited:
Have these clowns any idea how difficult it is being plastic? Fighting it out on Eventbright with fellow plastics to mop up the last few tickets in the Co-op stand. Only to find you have to sit in the SW, if your lucky, and soak up the atmosphere from afar? I dread to think what next season could be like if we go up. The pressure is immense!?

Seriously tho. I thought plastic was reserved for Prem fans, not a team who've recently escaped non-league and currently playing in the fourth tier of English football. I would say none of us are really plastic, just fans supporting a club we care about, a fair few will watch just because we are winning but that's true of every team, everywhere.
If we are promoted and manage to pull 12000 crowds due to an increased capacity will we still be plastic to other League 1 teams?

I think the term 'plastic' refers to those who come only when the team is winning, rather than a new supporter per se.

This is the fourth time I have seen a big surge in attendances during my time watching Lincoln: 1971-72 under David Herd, 1975-76 under Graham Taylor, 1982-83 under Colin Murphy, and now 2017-. Those increased attendances did not last long on each of the three previous occasions - the trick now is making sure as many as possible stick. The difference this time is that many of the new supporters are youngsters and families, which gives the club a great opportunity to make the increase more sustainable when the wins become less frequent (which they surely will as the club rises through the leagues).

I was a new supporter in 1971-72 and I stuck - will you this time?

It's the first I've heard of a chap ditching 40 years of Manchester United to become an Imps season ticket holder, which is extraordinary in itself, but to say after a few wins he might go back to the Mancs seems to me a little odd. Well, you pays your money and takes those choices.

But you certainly won't get your season ticket back, there's a massive waiting list! If I was more of a cynic I would wonder if this is a legit post, but you have the benefit of the doubt, and some advice: Keep supporting Lincoln City. Better club, better atmosphere, far fewer plastics.
Whoosh!

I hate Danny Cowley, he’s ruined my club, god knows why i was a season ticket holder in the late 80’s to the mid 90’s it’s not like I couldn’t just rock up at 5 to 3 and just wander in and stand/sit where the hell I liked.

From 95 I’ve lived in the NE, NW, stratford on avon and Weybridge and until Feb 2017 I’ve been able to wake up on a Saturday morning and think fu@k it I go to Lincoln today and rock up and pay on the gate, sit high up in the Westbank or in the Stacey West. But no the clown Cowley rocks up with his ‘Method’, ‘Relentless hardwork day in day out’, ‘the very best versions of ourselves’, ‘league championships’, ‘cup runs’, ‘expectations’ and now we’ve sold out of season tickets, away games are sold out regularly. If i do come up I’m sat in a corner somewhere and have to sit on my hands in the home end at away games.

Quite frankly I’m over the fu@kin moon, my little club is now not little any more, the City is behind it, the kids love it, the future is bright and long may it conitue.

Obviously I don’t hate DC, I love the bloke, 16/17 may go down as LCFC being the greatest non league team in history, 17/18 we achieved a 100% winning record at Wembley and we are currently 5 points clear with 1 and 2 games in hand.

I welcolme all the new and returning fans and I encourage you all to invite new ones to the bank at every oportunity, even if it does bugger up my saturdays.

Love you all. UTI

The difference in our support imo is the amount of lads who use to be regulars are now accompanied by partners and kids or other members of families , use to be able to have days and weekends away on the piss with mates ,now I have to look on with three kids all in tow ( season ticket holders of course ) ,

As a season ticket holder for the best part of 30 years and having attended many Lincolnshire derbies including many at Blunder Park here is my take on what the Codheads think of our current situation.

Meh :finger:

It's just sad that they probably won't be good enough to play us again for a few years unless we draw them in the cup:lol:

Surely a plastic is a fan who only comes out for the big games.
I would struggle to identify someone who's comitted to a season ticket as one (which is 75% of our attendance) and we actually had less home fans than normal at the game yesterday, perhaps that should be pointed out to them.

Surely a plastic is a fan who only comes out for the big games.
I would struggle to identify someone who's comitted to a season ticket as one (which is 75% of our attendance) and we actually had less home fans than normal at the game yesterday, perhaps that should be pointed out to them.
No such thing as a plastic. Fans are fans

As a season ticket holder for the best part of 30 years and having attended many Lincolnshire derbies including many at Blunder Park here is my take on what the Codheads think of our current situation.

Meh :finger:

It's just sad that they probably won't be good enough to play us again for a few years unless we draw them in the cup:lol:

Then they have a chance to be "giant" killers!

I was at that game, and took my two kids in the hope they would bring a bit of luck. Have been on and off since, whereas in the 80's I went home and away every week. Things change in life and somethings have to take precedence. I haven't stopped supporting the club I love, just now I can't make or afford to go to games anymore. It doesn't make me a plastic fan, just because I don't go each week. I went to Posh in the trophy last year as someone bought my ticket, and Arsenal cause it was an early birthday present.
The first club I saw live was the Imps, against Darlington in a 2-0 victory in our promotion year of the early 80'stages.

I certainly intend to, yes.
I've never supported my hometown football team and never will - even tho they are currently in the Premier League. (I watch the oval ball at home) but attending matches with my son whose lived in Lincon for 9 years now has got me hooked. Not just the football but his mother and I intend moving to Lincoln at the earliest opportunity.
I know what it's like to be a long suffering fan. 50 years in fact and we'd have any fans we can get hold of plastic or not. Plenty of people support teams in different sports. I'm no different. I'm proud of my rugby team and my football team. UTI.

I find this topic intriguing. The fans who are having a pop at us from whichever club they may support should spend more time working on how they can replicate what is happening at SB on the pitch off the pitch in the community rather than be bitching about the fans that success has brought to SB. The club is a real force at present. So to CN DC NC all the player's board members backroom and office staff match day helpers in whatever capacity. Thankyou. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

I think the term 'plastic' refers to those who come only when the team is winning, rather than a new supporter per se.

This is the fourth time I have seen a big surge in attendances during my time watching Lincoln: 1971-72 under David Herd, 1975-76 under Graham Taylor, 1982-83 under Colin Murphy, and now 2017-. Those increased attendances did not last long on each of the three previous occasions - the trick now is making sure as many as possible stick. The difference this time is that many of the new supporters are youngsters and families, which gives the club a great opportunity to make the increase more sustainable when the wins become less frequent (which they surely will as the club rises through the leagues).

The 71-72 season was my first too. My mate's Dad took us to Sincil Bank for his 10th birthday. We beat Southport 2-1 and I was hooked from that moment on.

I didn't miss many matches during the rest of the 70's & 80's and even ended up working down the bank on match days, but eventually I moved away, got married, mortgage, kids etc and priorities changed.

Whenever I come back to Lincoln to visit family I always try and coincide it with a home fixture if possible. I did try to introduce the kids to the club during the wilderness years, but I think I only succeeded in putting them off football as some of the games were as exciting as watching paint dry! Although my eldest has developed a soft spot for them and joined me at Wembley last season

I usually manage to get to 3 or 4 games a season nowadays. Not sure whether that makes me a plastic fan or not, but I don't care.

The Imps are in my blood and always will be

UTI