"Plastics! Plastics!" | Page 5 | Vital Football

"Plastics! Plastics!"

Not saying students contribute greatly to the attendance however having 15-20000 students now at the University is another avenue of casual support.

By the time students arrive at Uni if they are interested in football their allegiances are formed and more often than not, being away from home for the first time those allegiances are heightened.

Good for causual labour tho'.

By the time students arrive at Uni if they are interested in football their allegiances are formed and more often than not, being away from home for the first time those allegiances are heightened.

Good for causual labour tho'.
We have great student offers and some will still come down on a Saturday to watch some live football.

I think Lincoln and surrounding areas over the last 10-15 years has seen far more development than similar sized City/Towns have and recognised in the predicted population increase.

Not saying students contribute greatly to the attendance however having 15-20000 students now at the University is another avenue of casual support.
Even if they are not regular you get quite a few who then choose Lincoln as the second team though. Going to uni gives many of the students a real allegiance to the city.

I think the big factor with the uni is more it's overall impact it has on the city and the general economy of the area as it draws investment into the city. Even just running the uni supports 1600 jobs directly and probably many more indirectly, all of that means more disposable income available to spend at Sincil Bank.

Not many plastics in Mansfield, they've only sold 941 for their big day out in Nottingham.

Last edited:
I would be very wary on basing a staduim capacity on 1950s gates, other than the obvious. Football did not have much competition back then. Owning a Tv (only 2 channels and limited transmission times} was an absolute luxury, pubs (limited open times) the radio and cinema and not much else, also the World closed at 10:30pm

It is a VERY different World now.

And it being a virtual tradition of working Saturday morning, footie on Saturday afternoon leaving wife n kids at 'ome.

Quote of the year so far:

"Quite frankly I’m over the fu@kin moon, my little club is now not little any more, the City is behind it, the kids love it, the future is bright and long may it continue."

Step forward and take a bow WESTBANKER!

Why thank you kind Sir

I think the main difference between the two Clubs is that Grimsby have a stable home and away support and as a result, don't drop too low but will never get to the attendances we do now whereas our fluctuate in a way that very much mirrors what happens on the pitch like most other clubs and as such, we probably have to work harder at the PR and community side of things.

I actually think Fenty etc takes their support for granted and, from the outside looking in, don't do enough to kick on when things are going well i.e. after their promotion in 2015/16(?).

The thing is, you can't even compare our attendances and theirs, as they count ST holders whether they turn up or not. So, Fenty is probably quite happy kidding himself that there are over 4k at Blundell Park every week when sometimes it's closer to 3k. Even their fans aren't blind to this fact.