PL Clubs to vote on ending transfer window before start of season | Vital Football

PL Clubs to vote on ending transfer window before start of season

Rising

Alert Team
I think this is a common sense idea, but I would also like to see the start of the summer transfer window open one month earlier to compensate.
I would be interested to know all your views on this.
:037:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40931420

Having thought on it for a bit I'm not so sure. It really needs to be UEFA wide otherwise you'll have top European clubs fecking over Prem clubs every August, unsettling their players, transfer requests, going on strike and what not, and the Prem club then being left in a situation with a disaffected player or worse, losing the player and not being able to replace them until the next window.

Think the only European clubs who will affect this from a PL pov are mentioned in the piece - Real Madrid, Barcelona, plus PSG, Bayern, and possibly the newly cash rich Milan.

There's that much money moving around the PL that a middling PL club will have a greater say than clubs 25/30 years ago - Sampdoria, Juventus, Benfica, Ajax, for example.

As pointed out, 14 will need to vote in favour.

Bluedub - 15/8/2017 14:28

Having thought on it for a bit I'm not so sure. It really needs to be UEFA wide otherwise you'll have top European clubs fecking over Prem clubs every August, unsettling their players, transfer requests, going on strike and what not, and the Prem club then being left in a situation with a disaffected player or worse, losing the player and not being able to replace them until the next window.
It's not just that. If this was in place, our window would already be closed giving PSG (say) a clear run at a player like (say) MBappe. They could now potentially lower their bid, knowing we're out of the picture

citizhun - 17/8/2017 13:46

Bluedub - 15/8/2017 14:28

It's not just that. If this was in place, our window would already be closed giving PSG (say) a clear run at a player like (say) MBappe. They could now potentially lower their bid, knowing we're out of the picture

True that, hadn't considered that. :026:

I think the general consensus on here is that it would only work if it was Europe-wide. If not, then it should not be changed.

I agree. Not a bad idea but it would have to be applied across Europe to avoid disadvantaging the PL sides. I can't see them voting in favour.

""I think the general consensus on here is that it would only work if it was Europe-wide. If not, then it should not be changed. ""

Agree, it has to be all in or none in................

It does make sense that all Clubs windows run from the same dates and even better when they are closed before the season starts