PL Clubs asked to give £250,000 each to retiring Scudamore | Vital Football

PL Clubs asked to give £250,000 each to retiring Scudamore

I would rather they donated it to grass roots football now the Wembley deal has fallen through, why after 19 years in a job (and you can bet he wasn't paid the living wage) does he need a 5 million pound retirement present?

I don’t mind anyone earning good money, but this is outrageous. And it will come out of OUR club.
Remember what he said a few years ago?
"When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places. There’s lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again. But you have to balance that off against putting on a competition."

How much was a top six Premier League worth (old Division One) worth before he came,maybe he's worth the money if say Man City for example is worth five times more with inflation adjustments than they was twenty years ago,I hate to say it but the league is far more attractive and rich now than I can ever remember

If the whole amount was going to charity I would support that.

Some people in other occupations put their lives in harms way to save others their reward is a piece of tin stuck to their chest, I bet they would swap in a heartbeat.

He will get a pension too, so no I don’t agree with it.

Well it is the greed league innit :shake:

This isn't a dig I am just curious and sorry for going a bit off topic.

You seem very bitter about the money in the PL including the money we spend etc (you have mentioned it many times) why do you spend so much time on a team you don't supports website if that fact irritates you so much?

That is a fair point Chippy,I came here via Vital England where I was a regular poster,Tudor was on there and when it closed down the very few of us that posted on there got an invite to this forum,only me and somebody else took up the offer and the others post elsewhere
City are top club in the UK who sit at the top of the League that I detest so much because of Sky s money,it's turned into a massive money cow where the top six rule,non of the true money filters down to clubs like Notts who are one of the twelve founding members of the football league,one day Notts won't exist,we will fold due to lack of money,the more City and co spend £300,000 a week or whatever on a player the more it hurts the small clubs so I took up the invation and aired my views on here but found myself still hanging around months later
When I post I always try to be polite and respectful of the fact that it's not the team that I support so there's no real reason that I should be there and I'm quite impressed that when I post a view on here im usually given a reply in equal respect and not just told to f@#k off,I wasn't picking on City as they are the top club because if I had been invited to any of the top six clubs sites I would have gone there,it just happened to be City,if there's a plus side then it's that I've got a lot more respect for City supporters than I did a year or so ago so maybe it's a learning curve for us all

Thanks for explaining, could have been worse you could have been invited to the rags forum you would have been told to f**k off there.
laughing.gif

And he’s going to hang about in some consultancy role! We’re not even getting shot of the clown.

I take cocopops point about money not filtering down the leagues and maybe this 250000 should be filtered too as not all premier clubs get the same amount and certainly not in terms of TV money, it is unfair but typical FA.

League One is Notts ceiling but we are in the relegation zone in League Two and playing the worst football that I've seen since first going to watch Notts in 78,I wouldn't trust the players to put their shirts on the right way round,there's a serious chance of us going into the National League for the first time in our history and I put the blame on the lack of forward thinking by the club,this decade we have had 2 owners,11 (soon to be 12) managers and 211 players go through the club,if we get relegated we it could take us years to get out of,Arnold High Girls School could beat us
It's nothing to do with the thread tbh but I just thought that I would get it off my chest :shake:

League One is Notts ceiling but we are in the relegation zone in League Two and playing the worst football that I've seen since first going to watch Notts in 78,I wouldn't trust the players to put their shirts on the right way round,there's a serious chance of us going into the National League for the first time in our history and I put the blame on the lack of forward thinking by the club,this decade we have had 2 owners,11 (soon to be 12) managers and 211 players go through the club,if we get relegated we it could take us years to get out of,Arnold High Girls School could beat us
It's nothing to do with the thread tbh but I just thought that I would get it off my chest :shake:

It is all a matter of confidence and a belief in themselves or they don't like the manager and are trying to get shut.