Pitch Watch | Page 4 | Vital Football

Pitch Watch

Not sure if it's just the light in the picture but this area about 6yds behind the centre circle towards the kop has been a concern in recent seasons. It ends up as standing water turning to mud. Ball won't roll through it etc.
14.jpg

It is frustrating that at a time of potentially momentous change our most exciting activity is watching the grass grow. If only KOKO had done what he promised and put the under soil heating in.

At least Bear you can watch your beard grow to its original glory.......

Sadly I'm not at all sure that I can. The follow up radiotherapy caused some critical areas to fall out and it isn't at all certain that they will fully regenerate but am still hopeful that a combination of even a sparse regrowth and a beard comb over might get me somewhere close. Time will tell. Maybe I'll crowd fund for a beard transplant?

Sadly I'm not at all sure that I can. The follow up radiotherapy caused some critical areas to fall out and it isn't at all certain that they will fully regenerate but am still hopeful that a combination of even a sparse regrowth and a beard comb over might get me somewhere close. Time will tell. Maybe I'll crowd fund for a beard transplant?
Sorry to hear that just so long as you get fit and well I managed quite well without a beard.No air of mystery though.

Still a bit patchy. How's the South West corner looking?
Bob, the reason for the pitch being ‘patchy’ is simply because it is only two weeks since the seed was sown. By the time the season starts I am sure we will have a patchless pitch.
The south west corner is looking well now that the offending contaminated turf has been removed. You can rest assured that extra work has been done on that corner...I watched the guys as the work was being done.

Last edited:
That looks good, but I would also like to see how the troublesome south end is coming along. Don't forget, the snake man from last year made the pitch look good initially.

That looks good, but I would also like to see how the troublesome south end is coming along. Don't forget, the snake man from last year made the pitch look good initially.
The south end is coming along just fine young Pete...