Pistorius slays his dame! | Vital Football

Pistorius slays his dame!

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
The world is full of crazy stuff lately! Benitez coaches Chelsea, The Pope resigns, Pistorius slays his dame!

WOW!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/14/oscar-pistorius-murder-girlfriends-shooting

Squig

Vital 1st Team Regular
blueogre - 14/2/2013 20:37

The world is full of crazy stuff lately! Benitez coaches Chelsea, The Pope resigns, Pistorius slays his dame!

WOW!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/14/oscar-pistorius-murder-girlfriends-shooting
Ted Nugent attends Obama's State of The Union address. 4000 people on a cruise in the Gulf of Mexico are asked to urinate and crap into plastic bags. A monkey-faced affenpinscher named Banana Joe wins the Westminster Dog Show. What the f.......????? :10:

H

hazzabee

I'm on the fence on this.

On the one hand, he looks guilty as hell! Who's going to believe he mistook his lass for an intruder when he shot her four times! Some of the shots were to the face, so he obviously had time to take decent aim.

On the other hand though, he did tweet a few weeks beforehand about how he thought his rumbling washing machine was an intruder and began to going into 'ninja defence mode', and just the day before the killing, his GF tweeted 'anyone got anything up their sleeve for Valentine's day?' - indicating she herself had a surprise planned.

So, I could believe this was all a Valentine's day surprise gone wrong due to an overly-anxious, gun-loving madman. But the four gun shots is swaying me. Surely, by the second or third shot to the head, you're going to realise that it's your girlfriend, am I right?

Anyway, what an interesting story. The Olympic legacy goes on!

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/17/oscar-pistorius-cricket-bat

Maybe Oscar Pricktorius should spare everyone the pain and just admit, frankly it may be easier for him as well.

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
I had a whiff of his unbridled hubris at first when I heard him accuse that young lovely Brazilian blade runner who beat him to gold in the London Paralympics, of using longer blades.

RadioactiveD

Vital Football Hero
The weirdest comment I've heard so far came from P's father, who said that athletes are more prone to react on "instinct".

If Pistorius was asleep and heard strange sounds, maybe it's not so unusual to initially react and assume you've got an intruder. He's wealthy and a high-profile target. And you know, I can appreciate a little paranoia given that S. Africa is a country plagued by crime. What I can't for the life of me piece together is how he could (allegedly) shoot through a closed door without calling out to someone, "Hey, I've got a gun. I will shoot you!"

See, even in a sleepy stupor, I would think calling out to the person rather than just blindly shooting is something most of us would do. I sure hope so. If he shot without warning, that means he didn't realize his girlfriend was in the home. Why would that not occur to him? If it was the middle of the night, she was either already there or she was arriving very late. And in either case, why wouldn't he call out? She would then have the chance to identify herself.

NONE of it makes any sense in his defense. I'm sure we'll learn more as this unfolds, but he looks quite guilty!

Squig

Vital 1st Team Regular
Radio, they're saying there seems to evidence that the two of them had been in bed and that the first of the four shots hit her in the hip in the bedroom to one side of the bed. Also she apparently has a crushed skull with a bloody cricket bat upstairs in bedroom area. The other three shots went through the door hitting her inthe arm, wrist and head. Really looks bad for him.

RadioactiveD

Vital Football Hero
It's quite interesting when you consider the alternate reports. I have to remind myself that Pistorius is an international sports star and that it's inevitable we'll get misinformation. He's well-known in America, but his fame is nothing what it must be like in South Africa.

The affidavit that was just released contradicts a lot of the information I've been reading about. No point in analyzing it now. This story has a long way to run.

Squig

Vital 1st Team Regular
RadioactiveD - 19/2/2013 13:58

It's quite interesting when you consider the alternate reports. I have to remind myself that Pistorius is an international sports star and that it's inevitable we'll get misinformation. He's well-known in America, but his fame is nothing what it must be like in South Africa.

The affidavit that was just released contradicts a lot of the information I've been reading about. No point in analyzing it now. This story has a long way to run.

I just listened to the latest release, too...you're right...we'll be getting updates regularly, I'm sure.

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
Interesting! Press had earlier reported the presence of a blood stained cricket bat along with a skull fracture for the victim. The defense comes up today saying, inter alia, that he used the cricket bat to break the bathroom door open when he found out who it was....but wait, why use a cricket bat to beat the door when you have a gun in your hand - a gun you had shot four times already a few seconds earlier. Also, he found an intruder in his bathroom, he so valued his shampoo and shaving sticks that he shot through the door four times without asking. Why would his girlfriend lock herself in the bathroom at 3am? He says he didn't switch on the lights, therefore he shot at her 3 times, with deadly accuracy, in pitch darkness! What nonsense! He claims to have called out to the 'intruder' before shooting; question is, why would a girlfriend not respond to a boyfriend's call? I am still not buying the defense argument but surely my opinion means pheck all.

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
oh damn, Pistorius is being nailed in court. Read the live feed here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing-day-two-live-coverage

Steroids found in his room with needles, it has been declared impossible to go from balcony to bathroom without passing by the bed where he would have found that Reeva wasn't in bed. He is finished!

blueogre

Vital Reserves Team
I just peeped again, it seems the accusation that steroids were found is now conclusively proven to be rubbish! Interesting stuff this!