Piss poor management. | Vital Football

Piss poor management.

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
I said it on Saturday and I'll say it again tonight....the team that battered in form Gillingham which included Colclough was changed to bring the great trainer back into the fold....why change a winning team ?

Also it's looking like a rank decision not to get Morsy off when he was obviously getting wound up ?

Massey was his usual ineffective nothingness but he wasn't the worst...that was either Power, Powell or Jacobs.

Also we saw first hand how poor a defender Byrne is..great going forward but crap at the other end.

Got to agree with this thread title, it was piss poor management. A dreadful performance on Saturday by all accounts yet nigh on the same starting 11 tonight. It'll be the same against City and all the players know it, I know it, Cook knows, Guardiola knows it and the Blackpool manager knows it. It's why they weren't incentivised to put in a bit of effort and a performance tonight as they knew they didn't have to.

Quite simply Massey should not pull on a Latics shirt again unless we are down to the bare bones.

With only a few exceptions we are playing against journeymen teams yet Massey fails to make any impact. By contrast Coloclough has fleeting appearances yet looks dangerous. He’s the one player who can fill the Wildschut role.

Cook is coming up wanting time and again how to break teams down, despite a squad that should be well clear in this division.

Tonight, on the back of the weekends defeat, feels like a defining moment of the season. Our direct competition is getting stronger while we whimper and stall under the slightest pressure. Early in the season we glossed over poor performances against the better teams as we swept aside the rest. Right now this Latics side look lethargic and inept. Blackpool had a field day, sweeping us aside with ease, playing better football, at a quicker pace, and with a desire we haven’t seen at Latics since before Christmas.

It’s put up or shut up for Cook now. This is the business end of the season and we are coming up short. Well short.

Also spare a thought for the fans, including our friends on the podcast, who have been sleepwalking through this season. Believing we are going to sweep everyone aside, and celebrate promotion by Easter. Well, this is the reality, we are struggling to keep pace with Shrewsbury and Blackburn. If I was a betting man I wouldn’t put a penny on us gaining automatic promotion. And considering our resources, on and off the field, that reflects very badly on Mr Cook.

"Playing better football" Studds?

We were shite, but they were poor too. The 2 scrappiest goals you could ever see, and hoofball to that lanky bugger up front.

Let's not convince ourselves they were world beaters.

Two scrappy goals due to our own ineptitude. The first especially was a catalogue of errors starting with Byrne sleeping to lose a man and finishing with Walton stood like a statue waving it in at the end. It set the tone sadly.

Their goals weren't just scrappy, they were gift wrapped by appalling defence. It won't happen often.
Even though Blackpool were dreadful, we unbelievably thoroughly deserved to lose that game. I can't believe people have started voting for MoM, I won't be, there wasn't one.

We'll be back!

moonay - 13/2/2018 23:05

"Playing better football" Studds?

We were shite, but they were poor too. The 2 scrappiest goals you could ever see, and hoofball to that lanky bugger up front.

Let's not convince ourselves they were world beaters.

An awful team.

An awful team who showed us a clean pair of heels, should have scored at least three. And if they had any quality, would have put four or five past us.

Meanwhile we didn’t have a worthwhile effort on target.

Oh, I fully agree MiW .......... but that doesn't make then men Barcelona !

2 games, and Studds is convinced that we're on the verge of relegation.

The last time I saw so much play acting was in the money pot.

Not sure about his after match comments, either. On the one hand congratulating Gary and his team for beating us. On the other, admitting to disappointment. Disappointment? He should be furious. His team was crap and deserved to lose to a team who are fighting against relegation. Beginning to wonder if he is the Messiah, after all. (Power back to his inept self again didn't help).

He admitted changes should have been made and he's right - the players minds were on City and they all knew regardless of their performance they'd be playing Monday. I guess that mindset breeds complacency. No great issue with consistency as we are top so the team works but after Saturday and knowing the cup tie is on the horizon shaking things up would have been a good move. It's more or less two games a week now so rotating and bringing a freshness to the team is probably going to be necessary anyway.

I really don't want to cause a spat Notts, and you'll have noted from my posts from last night that I thought we were shit just like everyone else, but you seem keen to draw (hasty?) conclusions as to the the "real" ability of the Manager and one of the most consistent players in recent weeks and months.............merely to justify your previous assessments?

Opinions are weird, aren't they: my lad too thought Power had his worst game in a while, I thought he started off poor, but then got a little better as the game went on, yet Paul Kendrick reckoned he was the only one who might get us anything out of the game.

As for Cook ........ being the Manager of a team with his record this season, top of the league (if he wins his game in hand), top scorers, 2 Premier league scalps under his belt .......... he may not be "the Messiah", but he's certainly deserving of a little respect and trust from supporters who have the luxury of being able to change and retract thoughts and opinions dependent on the direction of the wind.

By the way, If anyone's looking for a "horse coming up on the rails", have a shufty at Rotherham. They're bloody flying !

moonay - 14/2/2018 07:16

By the way, If anyone's looking for a "horse coming up on the rails", have a shufty at Rotherham. They're bloody flying !

Lets hope Rotherham manage a win on saturday.

So we're resorting to other teams doing us favours now are we? :headwall:

moonay - 13/2/2018 23:12

Oh, I fully agree MiW .......... but that doesn't make then men Barcelona !

2 games, and Studds is convinced that we're on the verge of relegation.

ang on here. he never sed that and he dindnt imply it an arl. for me i thowt it were a good reflecteon of the nite. you see moonay i took the trouble of reading the title of the thred and reeding studds post in context to that. he made some valid points there. hindleymon set the tone and i must admit i agree with him.

bit windy up in that tower is it.

Lazysid - 14/2/2018 08:35

moonay - 14/2/2018 07:16

Lets hope Rotherham manage a win on saturday.

corect. but ill tek a draw sid.

good spot.