Pirates vs. Drunken Sailors | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pirates vs. Drunken Sailors

Player of the season so far for me is Darikwa.

Looks about two divisions better than he is playing going forward and in defence.

Assgard had a bloody awfu game compared to his normal effort but will forgive him for that last free kick.

Looks about two divisions better than he is playing going forward and in defence.

Assgard had a bloody awfu game compared to his normal effort but will forgive him for that last free kick.

Agree on Darikwa. Feel he could still be playing in the Championship at Forest now had it not been for his horrific luck with injuries the last 18 months or so. If we get the takeover sorted and do eventually stay up, we have to if possible get him signed up for next season

Darikwa almost cost us two goals tonight, switched off from a simple throwing, straight over his head to Nichols and at the beginning when they had two shots in the box. They had most of their success attacking his flank, not sure we were watching the same game. He's getting better considering he was terrible in the 1st 5 games.

There's 3 pts we probably didn't deserve rather than the 3pts we did deserve Saturday.
Massive confidence boost and a good job given other results tonight.
Also :-
Joey - can't beat Latics 🤣
Ben Watson - what you playing at legend ? (not helpful)
Wooton spared his blushes with that goal - makes Dan Burn look like Usain Bolt
A win's a win UTFT 🔵⚪

Darika does not defend as well as he goes forward, was at fault for their goal tonight.

There's 3 pts we probably didn't deserve rather than the 3pts we did deserve Saturday.
Massive confidence boost and a good job given other results tonight.
Also :-
Joey - can't beat Latics 🤣
Ben Watson - what you playing at legend ? (not helpful)
Wooton spared his blushes with that goal - makes Dan Burn look like Usain Bolt
A win's a win UTFT 🔵⚪
Wooton made some cracking blocks tonight that could have been goals.

:hmmm:
Really?

If I remember rightly, in his very first game, he was excellent. He's had a couple of off games since, but generally, he's been one of our better players ...... consistently.

He was falling over the ball, losing it consistently and looked lost when on the ball. Played some nice outside of the foot passes, but struggled at beginning for me anyway. Has been more confident lately, doesn't link well with wingers ahead of him though.

A win is obviously important for the points but psychologically that could be even more valuable.

We aren't in this mess because we are so inferior in terms of quality of player - a lot of it is psychological / mentality. Got to hope this gives them some belief that we can win these type of games.

Also thank God we put the free kick in rather than playing short and not even getting a cross in like we were not so long ago. Put it in the mix and anything can happen.

He was falling over the ball, losing it consistently and looked lost when on the ball. Played some nice outside of the foot passes, but struggled at beginning for me anyway. Has been more confident lately, doesn't link well with wingers ahead of him though.

We must have been watching different games then. No worries.

We must have been watching different games then. No worries.

With him playing 80 odd games in the championship i was expecting him to be of similar or better quality then Byrne. Not as good going either way, but he could still be not at 100% after such a long lay off. My expectations for him were probably too high.

Darikwa almost cost us two goals tonight, switched off from a simple throwing, straight over his head to Nichols and at the beginning when they had two shots in the box. They had most of their success attacking his flank, not sure we were watching the same game. He's getting better considering he was terrible in the 1st 5 games.

Sorry but just cannot agree with this.

He Lang and Keane are the most composed on the ball in the squad. Assgard is usually also fairly sure in possession but was more likely to lose the ball tonight than beat his man. I also have been a bit disappointed by Otaborn since he came back. He seems to have lost confidence to take a man on.

If we can get these 5 ticking over and sort defence out we will rip it up this league.

Wooton made some cracking blocks tonight that could have been goals.
He also turned slower than the QE2 for the goal - wasn't on his own mind, very similar to Lincolns winner except did both CBs rather than 1
Jones should have been covering that side better IMO as that was the only place it was going - no lessons learned defensively 😉

Sorry but just cannot agree with this.

He Lang and Keane are the most composed on the ball in the squad. Assgard is usually also fairly sure in possession but was more likely to lose the ball tonight than beat his man. I also have been a bit disappointed by Otaborn since he came back. He seems to have lost confidence to take a man on.

If we can get these 5 ticking over and sort defence out we will rip it up this league.

Thats fair Oscar i just see a player passing backwards instead of a player taking his man on. He's a unit and when one on one could be a threat. He's improved since the beginning and looks better each game i'll say that.

After watching the highlights he was at fault for the goal aswell, wootton was marking hanlan the least he could of done was cover for him, wootton got closer to both of them which is crazy when he had more ground to cover.

He also turned slower than the QE2 for the goal - wasn't on his own mind, very similar to Lincolns winner except did both CBs rather than 1
Jones should have been covering that side better IMO as that was the only place it was going - no lessons learned defensively 😉

Darikwa was far more at fault for their goal than Wooton.

Jones should have been covering that side better IMO as that was the only place it was going - no lessons learned defensively 😉[/
Darikwa was far more at fault for their goal than Wooton.
Was hoping for a bite on Jones tbh 🙄
Well swerved sir ! 😉