Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Player Thread

D

Departed

Ideally it would be:

.................Kane

Son........Lo Celso.......BErgwijn

..........................Ndombele

.............Højbjerg

That's definitely going to be our best team when all fit.

Going to leave us with a lot of different options as well, Winks, Sissoko, Lucas, Dele, Lamela as back up options ain't too shabby either.

If we are lucky with injuries (we are due it) then no reason why we can't compete in all 4 competitions.
Are top tier clubs still going to compete in the Milky Way?

From what I have seen of GLC he gets wasted at the 10 position, perhaps because of the imbalance we had at CM.

Still, I'd rather see GLC at CM, but since I don't think he fits in a 2 man midfield the best option has to be a 4-4-3 with Hojbjerg behind GLC and another CM.

I find it shocking that we dont know who that other CM is given that we:
  1. Spent 63 million on one who doesn't want to run.
  2. Spent 56 million on another who has only shown potential.
  3. Bought Sissoko.
That's £150 million worth of CMs, none of which have shown that they are good enough to start for a top 4 team.

Yeah i think you're right lol.

Dunno where i heard the murmurings (probably on here) with regards to PL clubs ditching the comp for a year.

You're not alone. I was convinced I had heard the same thing. I think a lot of PL teams will only use second-stringers for it if they dont ditch it.

Yeah i think you're right lol.

Dunno where i heard the murmurings (probably on here) with regards to PL clubs ditching the comp for a year.

No top seven in League Cup as fixtures pile up

Martyn Ziegler, Chief Sports Reporter
Friday June 19 2020, 12.01am, The Times
Premier League
Football
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa5a85682-b1a9-11ea-839f-3d38a5cc49e9.jpg

Manchester City won the League Cup earlier this season
TIMES PHOTOGRAPHER MARC ASPLAND

The League Cup faces the prospect of being played without seven Premier League sides next season because of the fixture pile-up caused by the delayed start to the campaign.
The dates for the Champions League and Europa League were announced on Wednesday, with two rounds likely to clash with the cup, which would effectively rule out the English clubs competing in Europe from taking part in the domestic competition.
The EFL is studying the implications and, although it has yet to make a decision, it looks certain that the cup will have to be played without many of the top teams. The EFL would look to secure compensation as part of a £250 million rescue package from the Premier League. The more drastic alternative would be to scrap the Carabao Cup — the League Cup takes the name of its sponsor — altogether for next season but that would affect the income of many EFL clubs.

A third option would be to allow clubs involved in Europe to field youth teams, as Liverpool did when the quarter-final clashed with the Club World Cup in December. That could prove even more controversial in terms of the integrity of the competition.
The EFL’s fear is that some of the big Premier League clubs may use this moment as an opportunity to pull out of the League Cup permanently if they are involved in Europe.

The issue of fixture congestion has reached critical levels this season, and will be even worse next term given that the Premier League campaign is likely to start more than a month late, on September 18. There had already been pressure on the Carabao Cup from proposed Champions League reforms aimed at increasing the number of lucrative European matches.

From what I have seen of GLC he gets wasted at the 10 position, perhaps because of the imbalance we had at CM.

Still, I'd rather see GLC at CM, but since I don't think he fits in a 2 man midfield the best option has to be a 4-4-3 with Hojbjerg behind GLC and another CM.

I find it shocking that we dont know who that other CM is given that we:
  1. Spent 63 million on one who doesn't want to run.
  2. Spent 56 million on another who has only shown potential.
  3. Bought Sissoko.
That's £150 million worth of CMs, none of which have shown that they are good enough to start for a top 4 team.

Interesting formation that RD agreed with :rofl: sooner or later VAR will pick up that the 4-4-3 is probably a little offside.

Excuse my typo, dimwit.

No problem. What was the typo? 4-4-2 or 4-3-3?

I see it as moving from a 4-4-2 defensively to a 3-2-5 or 4-2-4 offensively depending if 1 or 2 fullbacks drive forward.

I'm hoping we have we have bought the right player for now.

My educated guess is that the Saints fans that don't rate him are probably the ones that ball watch and completely miss the stuff off the ball. I'm assuming that is where Hojberg's football brain comes into his own - the oil oil the engine in a team.

Perhaps he eventually becomes a squad player but I feel we need him right now. I hope he is made to work for his place though.