Photo ID for buying tickets | Vital Football

Photo ID for buying tickets

zaijianforth

Vital Squad Member
This is the wrong thread so apologies in advance, but have any of you received an email asking to upload your photo for identity purposes for when fans are let back in the ground?

This is the wrong thread so apologies in advance, but have any of you received an email asking to upload your photo for identity purposes for when fans are let back in the ground?

Yep.
Haven't done anything with it yet but yes received email yesterday.

Yes I’ve received the email with this request. No I’ve not done it yet.

Info from the club:

A number of supporters have contacted the club for an explanation as to why supporters have been asked to upload a photo of themselves to their ticketing account.

The enclosed story on club media explains it accurately:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/Upload-your-photo-to-your-ticketing-account/

We need up-to-date photos of any supporters who wish to enter a ballot for tickets at home games, should the club be given permission to allow fans back into the stadium this season. This is for track and trace purposes while our nation deals with the COVID pandemic.

Sounds like limited fans back in soon.
I'm an armchair fan but I know how much some on here would love to get back in there.

I don't see an issue with socially distancing 10k fans in VP. But you will all need to travel there and back safely please!

seems sensible to me, if fans come back presumably they need to know who’s attended in case there’s an outbreak of Covid. My mate is convinced it’s a more permanent thing though to stop scalpers and reselling etc

Seems like me and sirdennis are deemed too old by the club to venture out of isolation because I haven't had one either so no chance of 57 getting one.
Me neither mate, and if Villa were to try and use age as a cut off for tickets I would be very pissed off.

Do you assume its just season ticket holders only being asked for this.
Edit, have any non season ticket holders had a request.

seems sensible to me, if fans come back presumably they need to know who’s attended in case there’s an outbreak of Covid. My mate is convinced it’s a more permanent thing though to stop scalpers and reselling etc

Once done, I can't see it going really. Can you? Then again, to be fair, I have nothing to hide so if a photo is needed I don't suppose it will cause me any issues.

Not really an issue is it. Surprised it hasnt been a ‘thing’ before as it would mean tighter controls on tickets and season tickets.