Philip Hughes RIP | Vital Football

Philip Hughes RIP

G

Off post I know but such tragic news this morning. I was very saddened by the news of Phil Hughes' death . To pass away in that way is so tragic (thankfully didn't witness something similar two years with Patrice Muamba)... best wishes to the family and friends. Philip Hughes RIP

Highgatespur - 27/11/2014 05:36

Off post I know but such tragic news this morning. I was very saddened by the news of Phil Hughes' death . To pass away in that way is so tragic (thankfully didn't witness something similar two years with Patrice Muamba)... best wishes to the family and friends. Philip Hughes RIP

don't know who he is but RIP and i think you mean Fabrice Muamba

Sorry, he was Australian cricketer. He was hit by the ball on the head in a game - collapsed, didn't recover, passing away at the age of 25. Tragic. Thanks for the correction on Fabrice...

RIP Phil Hughes. Always tragic to see such sporting incidents. It will bring out all sorts of cricket safety questions, but can you further restrict bouncers in the game and equally can you improve helmit safety without further restricting vision or movement of the player

My thoughts are also with Shaun Abbott who bowled the ball that resulted in the injury. How does he recover from that?

Good points Ox, I feel number o retirements will coming out of those on the field at the moment .... by their immediate reactions I think they knew....

I really do wonder how such things were avoided when the real missiles were being bowled by Windies and the Aus fast bowlers in previous decades.... Some serious thinking needs to take place.

I heard a radio report on the day of this tragic incident stating that the helmet worn by Philip Hughes, may not have conformed to the latest safety standards. Whether this is accurate or not we will know after the enquiry.

oxfordspur - 27/11/2014 07:20

My thoughts are also with Shaun Abbott who bowled the ball that resulted in the injury. How does he recover from that?

Shocked at his death, a tragic one in 10 billion accident, but how Abbott must be feeling now and how he deals with it in future is going to be incredibly tough.