PFA League 1 Team of the year 2021/22 | Vital Football

PFA League 1 Team of the year 2021/22

mikemiller

Vital Football Hero
09/06/22
(From BBC Football website).

Congratulations to Michael Ihiekwe, who got in the League 1 Team of the Year, as chosen by the players. Well deserved!

He won the same award for the 2019/20 season . Matt Crookes was in the PFA Team of the year for 2019/20 too,

Last edited:
Mike, thanks for this. Most selections seem reasonable although I can't see why Sam Vokes got the nod ahead of Smudge? Perhaps we should sign a couple of Wycombe defenders!

I was half expecting that there could be more than one Miller in the team chosen. Smithy and Wiles must have been close. Our keepers only played about half a season each, which probably ruled them out.

I was half expecting that there could be more than one Miller in the team chosen. Smithy and Wiles must have been close. Our keepers only played about half a season each, which probably ruled them out.
Yes, I reached the same conclusion regarding keepers. Of course this perhaps only makes it more likely Icki will go?

And personally, I didn't think Ihiekwe had his best season last year - goes to show how different people see things.
The possibility exists that when RUFC players narrowly lost out in several other positions the PFA were faced with the unfortunate prospect of not selecting a player from a promoted side and winners of the Papa John's Trophy and opted for Icki who I agree with you did not have a great season. Vokes above Smith still seems odd to me.

The players who voted may have remembered that Icky had quite recently been in the L1 Team of the year before. Thought he had a good season, but no better than several other Millers who didn't get in the L1 team. We don't know how close the voting was either.