Petty Arguments | Vital Football

Petty Arguments

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
Another day another provocative post. In the absence of any admin bod I'll self moderate.

It would appear this thread has drifted off track and whilst I haven't instigated that I've responded and played a part in it doing so. Whilst I have the right to reply to any clear antagonistic posts, those that are saying this is a football forum are entirely correct, so for my part in this deviation I apologise for that. The board has improved from its state six months ago and genuinely don't wish to see it return that way. Henski, loudmouth, Kenny Morris I'm not entirely sure what your issues are but for the sake of everyone else on here should you wish to discuss them further I suggest you pm me and I'll be happy to indulge you.

No Moonay, you are wrong. ..........

Though this may often be the case henski, not so in this instance.

MiW can defend his opinions and posts more than adequately, and so I won;t try and do that on his behalf. However, in this thread, though I've disagreed with some of what MIW has posted, nowhere has he been offensive or personal re the football discussion at least). LMB was the sole instigator of the thread going "off piste".

The world is made up of yin and yan ......... 2 sides to every
coin........pessimist vs optimist ............ MiW vs henski ;)

Let's leave the finger pointing out of stuff.............at least, until lit's justified.

Whittle, if the apology is for the personal attacks that moonay constantly misses, it is accepted.

There isn't an absence of a moderator Made In Wigan, I'm just at a loss as to how this keeps going on. As others said in the thread yesterday where it all kicked off again, they are bored of it.

You guys, seriously, you aren't going to like/get on with everyone in this forum, same as you won't in the 'real world'. So what?

I've asked you all to put each other on ignore, or take it to private message before.

This is 'just' a forum, it really isn't THAT important. There is plenty of stuff going on in the world that matters far more. This is meant to be fun, talking about football, arguing over players and losses, celebrating wins etc. Not war and bloody peace.

Surely is a user on a forum 'upsets' or annoys you that much you can just ignore, or put on ignore and get on with your lives supporting your mighty fine team?

If not I'll have to go back to banning and that never goes down well because whoever you remove, you are always wrong!

Honestly those who are doing this, give your head a little wobble, take some breath air, have a bloody laugh. Life is way too short for this nonsense and anger. It's a killer spouting so much bile and having so much resentment.

Over to all of you now to decide what happens, if I get another thread with that many silly arguments and (correct) alerts from others bored of reading it and staying away, I'll have to do the last thing I want to do, remove users. You're all adults, I shouldn't have to be put in the position of doing that.

Just let it go, you'll find life much better.

Peace?

:hug:

Henski, the apology was to the forum users for my part in responding to off topic posts. As I said I've a right to respond and to respond in kind, which I have, however the board has cleaned up so don't wish to play a part in it returning to its previous state. If you wish to that's upto you, but as I said if you want to continue it further then pm me and I'll be happy to oblige. Hopefully the final word on this so for the benefit of everyone else let's get back to chatting football.

Then you have learned nothing at all.

That was an olive branch Henski, surely you can all take it and move on?

If not, put users you can't get on with, set to ignore, if not, there is no way we can continue to have these arguments flair up like this, it's boring.

They could be taken to private message or people could just, not to be rude or owt, chill the eff out.

I accepted an apology for personal insults, but it turns out there is no remorse for that.

Henski ..................... here's the promise of a personal apology from me to you ....................... if you can highlight the "personal insults" in this thread made by MiW, aimed toward you. (apparently, I've missed them)

As The Fear (bet he's a pussycat really :cool:) rightly says ........... let's move on, and live & let live...................... or rather, post & let post.

:rocker:

No one should be afraid to voice their opinion or challenge others on theirs as everyone see's things differently. But sometimes no amount of persuasion or arguing will change minds and we've just got to agree to disagree. It often goes off the rails when people start to move from criticising a persons opinions to the poster themselves. If we can try and keep it civil on a personal level there's no reason why anything can't be discussed .

Well done for trying to end the latest bickering before it escalates further. Board has been a lot better in reccent month's.

Though this may often be the case henski, not so in this instance.

MiW can defend his opinions and posts more than adequately, and so I won;t try and do that on his behalf. However, in this thread, though I've disagreed with some of what MIW has posted, nowhere has he been offensive or personal re the football discussion at least). LMB was the sole instigator of the thread going "off piste".

The world is made up of yin and yan ......... 2 sides to every
coin........pessimist vs optimist ............ MiW vs henski ;)

Let's leave the finger pointing out of stuff.............at least, until lit's justified.
Absolute rubbish moonay, I responded to yet another attack on henski by whittle, I was not involved in any of the debate prior to it I could not believe the audacity of the things he accused henski of when he is the master of such things.

As I've already said LMB, I recall no "attack" on henski by MiW. I do however recall your (completely over the top) rant at MiW.

People have different opinions, and we don't need to agree with them ...... but for some to try and stop others from stating those opinons is (in my opinion) completely wrong......even when they may seem to become tedious

I happen to think that MiW whinges far too much about Sharpey and JJ ...... I've told him that before, and we've agreed to disagree, so when he does it now, I normally ignore him. I also think he's far too keen to take a pessimistic view of things which haven't even happened yet. When I can be arsed, I normally take issue with him ........... but I don't ever recall falling out with him.

You choose to take a slightly different view ................. as does henski (which is not saying that henski's approach is anything like yours).

As I've already said .....post and let post.

Or insinuate someone is illiterate or irritating because they don't agree with your view???