Petition to suspend UK export of tear gas, rubber bullets and riot shields to USA | Vital Football

Petition to suspend UK export of tear gas, rubber bullets and riot shields to USA

Russell Howard is massively pushing this petition on social media. He is also a huge supporter of the Police in the uk. Top bloke 👍

Why shouldn't we export such items to the States to assist their police control violent rioting and looting? I'm not sure on what scale we produce and export these items to the US, but if it suddenly stops, presumably a number of people will be out of work and companies could fold. I'm more concerned about British jobs and businesses than rioters and agitators in the States.

Russell Howard is massively pushing this petition on social media. He is also a huge supporter of the Police in the uk. Top bloke 👍

He's quite funny. I like the bit about cardboard coppers!

One thing though, he talks about people calling the police, 'pigs'. As far as I'm concerned the 'pigs' moniker is very much an American thing. And it is connected to the race issue; it was a term of abuse coined by black Americans as a response to be called, 'n***ers', by racist police officers.

Irrespective of whether or not the police deserve to be verbally abused, I say, if you're English and you're gonna give the police some verbal, at least use the term, 'filth', rather than, 'pig'. Just the same as it's better to give someone the 'English' two-fingers than the 'American' middle-finger! #proudtobeenglish, lol!

Last edited:
USA should change the Second Amendment and get rid of the guns! The First Amendment means I can say The Second Amendment sucks dicks!!

Who do you think should carry guns ?

The only people who should carry guns should be anti-racists and the only people they should be allowed to shoot are racists, whenever and wherever they rear their ugly heads! You'd have been shot to fuck by now, val!

More seriously, guns are a fucking awful invention. Can anyone think of a more dehumanising invention? I'm sure there are contenders but the gun has to be right up there...

Can anyone think of a more dehumanising invention?

We* used to carry the W48 Nuclear Artillery Shell , so yes I can.
Fired from a six inch gun (155mm) , that would have been pretty dehumanizing.

*We meaning the British 4th Armoured Division in the 1980's.

We* used to carry the W48 Nuclear Artillery Shell , so yes I can.
Fired from a six inch gun (155mm) , that would have been pretty dehumanizing.

*We meaning the British 4th Armoured Division in the 1980's.

I thought of nuclear weapons when I wrote that above, and nearly included it in brackets. I didn't because I considered it to be just a bigger gun.

How old were you when you joined the army? Was it something you'd always wanted to do or did you join for some other reason?

I thought of nuclear weapons when I wrote that above, and nearly included it in brackets. I didn't because I considered it to be just a bigger gun.

TacticalBattlefield nuclear weapons were withdrawn in the 90's. (Maybe they kept some in storage , who knows?).
Ballistic subs are officially our only method of delivery these days.

W
How old were you when you joined the army? Was it something you'd always wanted to do or did you join for some other reason?

Early twenties.
To serve my country , learn another trade , travel , life experience.

Early twenties.
To serve my country , learn another trade , travel , life experience.

I've never understood how anybody could want to join the army but your reasons, on the face of things at least, seem fair enough. Although personally I could think of numerous better ways to do all of those things that you offered as reasons for joining up.

I get the impression there are plenty of things you don't understand.

Oh yeah, fucking hell yeah, loads of things. Always seeking to learn and understand though.

Must be a burden for you, be all knowing and all understanding. Never needing to seek clarification, rationality or reason; just knowing, instinctively, that you're completely right and that you understand everything. Really, I'm not sure how you cope.