Peter Whittingham (n/g) | Vital Football

Peter Whittingham (n/g)

Foxinthebox67

Vital Squad Member
Just reading reports that Peter Whittingham has passed away at the age of 35 following a freak accident at home.

If this is true its such a sad loss. I always admired his footballing ability and he scored some cracking goals.

RIP Peter

Apologies to all. My post was rather precipitous it would seem. Just shows that despite twitter all abuzz with this news last night it was inaccurate.

Thank goodness its positive news and whilst in hospital he is still with us. Fingers crossed he makes a complete and speedy recovery

Apologies to all. My post was rather precipitous it would seem. Just shows that despite twitter all abuzz with this news last night it was inaccurate.

Thank goodness its positive news and whilst in hospital he is still with us. Fingers crossed he makes a complete and speedy recovery
Never get your news from Forums , Twitter or Facebook Foxy.
I read on a football forum that Coronavirus will kill 200,000 in the U.K..
Now that’s more like it . 😂

Never get your news from Forums , Twitter or Facebook Foxy.
I read on a football forum that Coronavirus will kill 200,000 in the U.K..
Now that’s more like it . 😂
Is 200,000 totally unlikely? In 1919 Spanish flu killed 280,000 in the UK. Just saying.

I’m sure that you will correct me if I’m wrong Phil but so far it seems that every fatality has been someone with serious problems anyway.
It was reported this week that a 21 year old Spanish footballer had died from the virus but when I read the story, it turned out that he had advanced blood cancer and his immune system was overwhelmed.

Has there been many normally healthy people died yet ?
I don’t think so but could easily be wrong

I’m sure that you will correct me if I’m wrong Phil but so far it seems that every fatality has been someone with serious problems anyway.
It was reported this week that a 21 year old Spanish footballer had died from the virus but when I read the story, it turned out that he had advanced blood cancer and his immune system was overwhelmed.

Don't worry mate I'm no WK! So not trying to "prove" anyone wrong. We just cannot rule anything out. If pregnant women are considered at risk as well as newborns this could be going anywhere.

It was reported here yesterday that a 37 year old Spanish police officer with no underlying health problems has died from this virus.

It was reported here yesterday that a 37 year old Spanish police officer with no underlying health problems has died from this virus.
Is that another officer? We were made aware of a 58 year old Spanish officer who had died (through a police social media site)
I know there was a 47 year old paramedic who had been diagnosed with it died in italy but it later turned out he had had a massive heart attack and would have died anyway (not that that makes it any less tragic of course😥)

Is that another officer? We were made aware of a 58 year old Spanish officer who had died (through a police social media site)
I know there was a 47 year old paramedic who had been diagnosed with it died in italy but it later turned out he had had a massive heart attack and would have died anyway (not that that makes it any less tragic of course😥)

I assume it was a different one, Nobby. This one definitely wasn't 58 (although depending on where you read, some say he was 37, others 39).

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/18/football/1584555590_095634.html

Is 200,000 totally unlikely? In 1919 Spanish flu killed 280,000 in the UK. Just saying.
I think a figure of 200,000+ was the initial estimate based on the total population infected. I think it has now been reduced to 25,000 which in turn will reduce as quarantine, lockdown and greater testing take effect