Peter Lloyd | Vital Football

Peter Lloyd

Covid protocols means that the home radio commentary team will do the commentary for both the home and away streams although there might be exception for "local" derbies like Gillingham v Charlton.

This way the away team don't have to travel potentially half way across the country across areas that might be in different lockdown tiers. I pity the supporters of any opposition teams playing at Priestfield who is not familiar with the idea of commentators cheering about goals scored without actually saying what happened.

How can he travel if he's not working?

Fucking annoying if he has travelled and not worked! The situation is dangerous enough at the moment! To be honest, probably shouldnt be travelling anyway!

Covid protocols means that the home radio commentary team will do the commentary for both the home and away streams although there might be exception for "local" derbies like Gillingham v Charlton.

This way the away team don't have to travel potentially half way across the country across areas that might be in different lockdown tiers. I pity the supporters of any opposition teams playing at Priestfield who is not familiar with the idea of commentators cheering about goals scored without actually saying what happened.

Peter Lloyd has still been doing the co-commentating until today, alongside a commentator from the away team’s local area, eg at Plymouth.
This is because he has media accreditation from the club, not the BBC, who are not allowing their journalists to travel out of their areas for the reason you give.

Peter Lloyd has still been doing the co-commentating until today, alongside a commentator from the away team’s local area, eg at Plymouth.
This is because he has media accreditation from the club, not the BBC, who are not allowing their journalists to travel out of their areas for the reason you give.

At the Plymouth game, I remember the local Devon commentator keep referring to Peter as Peter Lloyd from Gillingham FC (not Radio Kent). I was flickinhg radio channels before the match and thought I heard him on there. Not sure whether he was watching from home on a screen or at the match? He wasn't on the live comm. Would be a shame if his record has gone, but at the same time, can understand why it would.

At the Plymouth game, I remember the local Devon commentator keep referring to Peter as Peter Lloyd from Gillingham FC (not Radio Kent). I was flickinhg radio channels before the match and thought I heard him on there. Not sure whether he was watching from home on a screen or at the match? He wasn't on the live comm. Would be a shame if his record has gone, but at the same time, can understand why it would.

Peter we was at the ground. He gave a situation and weather report to the R/kent studio (from the ground) just before kick-off. Don`t know why he didn`t co-commentate. My guess would be that, as the colour man from the R/Lancashire team was actually part of the Accy playing/coaching staff, it was a Covid thing. Not only does that explain his bias but it might also be the case that he, or someone at Accy was not happy with Peter L`s presence, from a distancing perspective ? Just a guess. For what it`s worth, the actual play by play commentator was, IMO, very good.

Peter we was at the ground. He gave a situation and weather report to the R/kent studio (from the ground) just before kick-off. Don`t know why he didn`t co-commentate. My guess would be that, as the colour man from the R/Lancashire team was actually part of the Accy playing/coaching staff, it was a Covid thing. Not only does that explain his bias but it might also be the case that he, or someone at Accy was not happy with Peter L`s presence, from a distancing perspective ? Just a guess. For what it`s worth, the actual play by play commentator was, IMO, very good.

Agree with that the main comm (presumably BBC Lancs) was decent and fair. It was the scouse goon next to him he was useless and ridiculously bias. Given that they kept saying the commentary was for Radio Kent and iFollow as well as Lancs, you’d have thought he would have toned down (or been told to tone down) the biased and not kept referring to their players by their first names as other than hardcore Stanley fans I doubt anyone had a scoobie who he was talking about!

Glad to hear Lloydie was there. I thought I heard him on Radio Kent post the match. I guess they can engineer him covering it to give a report to keep his record going, which is fair enough.

Peter was NOT present. he was watching the live stream in the studio. rk confirmed when i complained he was missing.

The regular commentator on Radio Kent could never be accused of being biased, when we' re playing away he never refers to us as we or even Gills, it is always "the visitors".

Given that they kept saying the commentary was for Radio Kent and iFollow as well as Lancs, you’d have thought he would have toned down (or been told to tone down) the biased and not kept referring to their players by their first names as other than hardcore Stanley fans I doubt anyone had a scoobie who he was talking about!

I thought there was one point early on when the main commentator commented they were doing the commentary for Radio Kent too that he did apologise for any bias that might happen as he obviously was a Stanley follower.

Peter was NOT present. he was watching the live stream in the studio. rk confirmed when i complained he was missing.

Fair enough, WXG. But he did give a weather report prior to kick off and the inference I got was that he was there. My bad.

Edited to say, sorry wxgill - but Peter Lloyd WAS at the Crown Ground in Accrington yesterday - doing Media Duties for GFC. Didn`t think I was going mad. Go to BBC Radio Kent Sports Hub via "Sounds" and listen to the last ten minutes - our Peter was clearly there well, here (in Lancs)

Last edited: