Peter Beagrie | Vital Football

Peter Beagrie

FatherKnowsBest

Vital Football Hero
I notice that the latest appearance of Peter Beagrie in court over a charge of assault has ended with the case being thrown out for lack of evidence.

Its been a dreadful time for Peter, losing his wife to cancer, and then losing his way with drink driving and an unseemly brawl with his new lady, and losing his job at Sky over these allegations. I liked Peter a lot when he played for us, and thought he was one of the better pundits on Sky. I hope this is the start of the way back for him and he gets his life together again.

UTB

Last edited:
If Sky hires him back they run the risk of people claiming, like with Ched, that he's still "guilty by association". Which is bollocks because he's legally in the clear.

God I wish people would just calm down.

Peter was someone who was struggling to cope with the enormity of life changing events. Although he crossed some lines, hes admitted his errors, and needs sympathy and understanding. Sky have a history of not inviting back anyone they show the door, which is fair enough. I just wish Peter well whatever he ends up doing.