Permanent squad building... | Vital Football

Permanent squad building...

Yep, undoubtedly when you look at the number of players out of contract at the end of the season we’ve been building for our 3 year plan rather than how we used to just manage to sign players for a year at a time.

Bit different to 82/83. Signings denied. Almost as if they didn’t want to go up and had no plan. Great times to come I hope

... clearly in full swing.

The people running our club are serious. Very serious indeed.
As posted on the Current Squad thread:

This was the position before the window opened:

Total: 25
Contracted: 21
In on loan: 6
Out on loan: 2

Average age at 31 December 2020: 23 years 0 months
(excluding players out on loan)

At the end of the window:

Total: 24
Contracted: 22
In on loan: 5
Out on loan: 3

So, we have one player fewer in the working squad than we had before, but one more under contract; one fewer in on loan, and one more out on loan. And the average age remains exactly the same.

Definitely looks/sounds like Bramall, Sanders and Poole have been brought forward.

Despite the (small) transfer fees, I suspect long term it'll save us money through, presumably, higher signing on fees for free agents, having more competition for said players in the summer etc etc.

Was always going to take two or three windows to start getting the conveyor belt working and through difficult times, I think it's started moving.

Mr Bayes has one less thing he can accuse Lincoln as he claimed the success this season was built on loan players, only 5 now lol

As posted on the Current Squad thread:

This was the position before the window opened:

Total: 25
Contracted: 21
In on loan: 6
Out on loan: 2

At the end of the window:

Total: 24
Contracted: 22
In on loan: 5
Out on loan: 3

So, we have one player fewer in the working squad than we had before, but one more under contract; one fewer in on loan, and one more out on loan. And the average age remains exactly the same.
One more under contract, but the two departures were never going to feature regularly so feels like +3 permanent!