Perkins now hunt | Vital Football

Perkins now hunt

bickymon

Vital Squad Member
Looks like hunt will be leaving as well as perkins to be honest we need better quality in the championship
When i saw they might be offerd new contracts i Couldn't believe what i was reading but good luck to the lads wish them well for the future but we need to bring in better quality players

He was just going to be a deep squad player next season who'd probably only see the bench if we had 2 of our 3 strikers injured at the same time. So not a huge loss on the pitch but maybe a bit of a loss in the dressing room from what we hear.

I thought he actually looked really good in his few brief appearances for us. Good luck to him back in Ireland.

what better favour to loyal servants than to 'offer' a new contract.

Hey 'new club', Wigan want me, I have a new contract on the table with Wigan in the Championship.

oo in that case we will pay you and extra £xxx and give you an extra year

Also. Can't players draw their PFA pension at 35 years old?

Looks like Hunt will return to Waterford as a player/coach! I have a feeling Roberts will stay, considering he has never played at this level and his form at the end of the season, I would think he'd like to give it a go

Trouble is he may want to give it a go but he just isn't good enough, fit enough or fast enough. He would just be what he has been for the vast majority of this season a wage that is unnecessary.

Purely out of interest how do you find out such things ?
He rented it off a friend.

Trouble is he may want to give it a go but he just isn't good enough, fit enough or fast enough. He would just be what he has been for the vast majority of this season a wage that is unnecessary.
According to Cook, Roberts covered the most ground, and had the best stats of any player, in the final run of games. Also played plenty of minutes in the FA Cup against Premier League opposition.

A safe pair of hands (or feet!).

I think both were there to be steady hands behind the scenes and a spare body if needed. You forget just how young our team is - the average age was around 25 last season, one of the lowest in the top 3 leagues. Having old hands on the books can be helpful.

There was an interview with Hunt this past week or so he said his role in the dressing room had changed over these past couple of years. He said he felt he was there to help keep the lads motivated and pick them up after a bad result. Cook said exactly the same when he signed Hunt and how big and important a character he was in the dressing room for him at Pompey. It sounds like Hunt had a similar positive impact with us.

I remember at Blackpool away after Dunkley scored his own goal his confidence seemed to fall apart and was having a nightmare in the middle of that first half. There was a break in play and Hunt was warming up on the touchline - he called Dunkley over and had his hand on his his shoulder and looked like he was giving him a pep talk for a good couple of minutes. After that Dunkley seemed to shake off his early mistake and started playing well and scored 2 goals. Maybe Hunt's little chat with Dunkley that day didn't make the difference and Dunkley would've done what he did without it, but I thought it said a lot about Hunt that he took that responsibility. At the time I felt Dunkley desperetely needed a boost and a few words of encouragment from a fellow pro who'd been there and done it at the highest level was exactly what Dunkley needed and it showed the value a couple of experienced senior pros can have in supporting the younger lads.

I think the likes of Perks and Hunt will be missed more in the dressing room than on the pitch.

Good example of the role he has played hence Sharpys message.
I also thought our other senior players, Perks , Vaughan & Bruce were vocal supporters of their team mates whilst warming up - good to see.

Good example of the role he has played hence Sharpys message.
I also thought our other senior players, Perks , Vaughan & Bruce were vocal supporters of their team mates whilst warming up - good to see.

You just cant help but like and respect David Sharpe for a football chairman he is so in touch with whats going on and isn't afraid to give his views and praise a far cry from days gone by in football hierarchy,

Alex Bruce responded to a tweet saying he was hoping to get a new deal signed with Wigan soon and was looking forward to being part of our squad next season.