Pep’s CL match bans and the Liverpool fallout | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pep’s CL match bans and the Liverpool fallout

Some thoughts.....

The Liverpool owner, John Henry, is a trustee at the Boston hospital where Karius was seen.......

If they want to sell Karius or keep him it fits well into the narrative that it wasn’t his fault that he made these errors. After all who wants to keep an error prone goal keeper.

This also fits into a Liverpool narrative that they weren’t beaten by a better team - not only had they lost Salah (Ahhh, poor lambs) but they also had a keeper who wasn’t ‘quite himself’. So basically ......it wasn’t their fault. Again.

How convenient.

Oh, and finally.......the BBC (R5Live) reported this morning only that Guardiola had received his touchline ban. Completely and totally failed to make any mention of the fine imposed on Liverpool. Not commented on at all.

Five Live started on this line last night. I listened to the football chat between 7 and 9pm, and Pep's ban was the only matter really reported.

Disgraceful really. Having to mention th fine they would need to explain why.....and we don’t want to wash that dirty laundry in public. I do feel that the legacy of Hillsborough is also a heightened sensitivity which means that Liverpool get a free pass in respect of Heysel so that it is never raised and bad behaviour is excusable.

Oh and while I'm on the subject of Liverpool

2qjkfaa.jpg

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

Have a look at how consistent UEFA are when handing out fines. This is scandalous.

Am I reading this correctly or are Liverpool the only ones to avoid having to play any matches 'behind closed doors'? All the other clubs charged with throwing objects, setting off fireworks etc seem to have been handed these bans.

They really are the Favoured Ones.

The Ramos pic sums it up - convenient excuses for their failure allowing them to be absolved of responsibility for not performing on the night.

LOL

The trouble is, I can see that by the start of next season plenty of Liverpool fans will actually believe they won the darn thing or that it was a draw because poor Karius’ double blunders weren’t his afault

Congratulations to Kenny Dalgleish on being awarded his knighthood for services to football and Liverpool, especially in the aftermath of Hillsborough :tophat: Well deserved.

(However given the prominence of the discussion on this singular award out of the many others acknowledged in the Queen’s birthday honours list you would think he has been canonised. Their focus on this pretty much exclusively ignores the outstanding work of so many others and is not the sort of balance I expect from the National broadcaster)

Meanwhile the complex and apparently extremely challenging ( :poop: ) investigation into the attack on the team coach continue. After two months.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...rseyside-police-investigation-attack-14762031

In police parlance these response are code for “We are doing f**k all actually”

It is without doubt sat at the bottom of the work pile of some extremely junior detective constable to whom it has been made abundantly clear that should he/she touch it they can say goodbye to their career in CID. They will stall for time waiting for everyone to get distracted by the World Cup and lose interest due to the passage of time and distance from the event. They will then publish at some indeterminate time in the future that they were unable to identify anyone and or that there was insufficient evidence to bring a prosecution and that they are shelving the investigation. However should any further information come to light they will of course look at it with a view to re-opening enquiries. Now if you would like to leave us alone our officers have to get back to their online applications for the season tickets at Anfield.

I think we can safely assume that this will never see the light of day again and no one will every be prosecuted which is absolute bollocks :censor: and a complete whitewash.

Fair play on the MEN for raising the questions but as for Merseyside Police........They should be ashamed of themselves. Tossers :mad: