Pep’s CL match bans and the Liverpool fallout | Vital Football

Pep’s CL match bans and the Liverpool fallout

This is why a could give a flying f&%k about the CL. It's a fixed game for a select few, and I don't want to be in that group.

If you don't understand the joke, rising, then you must be a bit younger than me! Try saying it in a stereotypical African accent. :grinning:

Appalling from UEFA but totally expected.

Only UEFA dont realise that Liverpool have not learnt from their Heysel to Hillsborough history.

The whole world knows the attack was premeditated.

Liverpool, and the local authorities (Council and Police) are culpible.

Shame on Liverpool, UEFA, the Council, and the Police.

An utter joke.

Not only that but the fine I see not even mentioned separately on the BBC Sport football page ffs. It is buried right at the bottom of the article about Guardiola’s 2 match ban. Unbelievable.

Talk about burying the story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44359914

I am honestly not sure which pisses me off the most. UEFA’s pathetic fine was not unexpected - I should have put money on it being of this level - and so it is not in the least surprising. Zero deterrent.

But for the BBC to not even to identify it in a separate article just beggars belief. Mind you I don’t know why I should be surprised. The whole media take on this despicable intimidation was soft-pedalled and limp. They all bought into the ‘all part of the famous European nights and building a terrific atmosphere’ when in reality it masked shameful acts of criminal damage. Pathetic. :mad:

In other news, Liverpool’s excuses now extend to roping in somedoctor to conclude that Karius was ‘concussed’ during the final.

Really? FFS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

The doctor apparently reached this conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

I am sorry. I just don’t buy it. Not. One. Bit.

Personally, along with the WC, I couldn’t give a toss about the CL either BE, but it’s right at the top of the Sheikh’s wish list.
I care more about the WC, Rising. The joy it would bring would be immense. Everyone needs a good dose of national pride.

In other news, Liverpool’s excuses now extend to roping in somedoctor to conclude that Karius was ‘concussed’ during the final.

Really? FFS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

The doctor apparently reached this conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

I am sorry. I just don’t buy it. Not. One. Bit.

The ironic thing if this is true is that the collision only came about because their defensive saviour Van Dijk shoved Ramos.

Some poor reporting in there too and something that's been lost in the grand scheme, Karius didn't throw the ball against Benzema, the latter stretched his leg out and intercepted his pass, in the rush to condemn Karius the praise Benzema is due for that goal hasn't come.

Some thoughts.....

The Liverpool owner, John Henry, is a trustee at the Boston hospital where Karius was seen.......

If they want to sell Karius or keep him it fits well into the narrative that it wasn’t his fault that he made these errors. After all who wants to keep an error prone goal keeper.

This also fits into a Liverpool narrative that they weren’t beaten by a better team - not only had they lost Salah (Ahhh, poor lambs) but they also had a keeper who wasn’t ‘quite himself’. So basically ......it wasn’t their fault. Again.

How convenient.

Oh, and finally.......the BBC (R5Live) reported this morning only that Guardiola had received his touchline ban. Completely and totally failed to make any mention of the fine imposed on Liverpool. Not commented on at all.

If you don't understand the joke, rising, then you must be a bit younger than me! Try saying it in a stereotypical African accent. :grinning:
I’m pretty sure I’m a fair bit older than Rising and trying the accent still doesn’t work for me H maybe senility setting in :cautious: