Penalties See Millers Through In Trophy Game | Vital Football

Penalties See Millers Through In Trophy Game

Not at our best tonight, nowhere near, and it was always a tight affair even when we went ahead so well done to Port Vale for pushing us all the way.
I thought we huffed and puffed for most of the game. Sadlier's crossing was good, but we definitely missed Barlaser in the middle tonight (too busy commentating ha-ha). As we've seen on many occasion when the lead is only by a single goal, we go and concede in the final minutes. I wouldn't have been too worried had we lost this on penalties, and in fact I fully expected it because I thought it had been one of those games where nothing was going to go the Miller's way. In the end there was no need for anyone to have worried because the five penalty takers for us showed just how to take them and scored all five with no problems at all. On to the next round draw now (whenever that is), and we'll see how far we can go. Wembley would be nice, but promotion from league one is the priority.
Another cup game next against Stockport County and if they play anything like they did when knocking Bolton out, then we'd better step up our game because we weren't playing anywhere near our best tonight. Must try harder (that reminds me of my old school reports, ha-ha), Up The MILLERS !

After the heroics their 'keeper had produced tonight, Nez, I feared the worst in the shoot-out but we managed it!

And I have no idea when the draw for the next round is either - not even sure if we are still in 'northern/southern divide'.