Pele | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pele

Be interesting to see how he would cope in an era were tackling has been outlawed considering the brutality he was subjected to.

Exactly. Players today are protected compared to footage of how players in that era were physically tackeld or should I say attacked.

It should also be noted that players back then were doing all the tricks (step overs, flic-flac etc) while running the risk of being hacked down time and time again.

Exactly. Players today are protected compared to footage of how players in that era were physically tackeld or should I say attacked.

It should also be noted that players back then were doing all the tricks (step overs, flic-flac etc) while running the risk of being hacked down time and time again.

Exactly, not to mention the vast differences in equipment and playing surfaces that modern players benefit from.

The truly great players of yesteryear would probably struggle with the pace of the game these days, but with all of the modern advances in fitness training and conditioning they would soon get used to it.

Could you imagine a team attempting to employ gegenpressing against a team with Cruyff in it?

It would be total fucking carnage; he would be dragging players all over the pitch.

Imagine how good Maradona could have been if he trained or wasn't high.

The training a partial myth. I watched the Mardaonna documentary and in it he trained really hard. At the time he was a regular user.

It was only after Napoli refused to let him go after promising they'd so if he won another Scudeto, that he really went of the rails. He felt like a prisoner, rebelled and got badly addicted.