pay day loan companies - whats your opinion? | Page 4 | Vital Football

pay day loan companies - whats your opinion?

mike_field - 26/7/2013 15:31

A lot of people don't have another choice with the high street banks shutting shop andoverdrafts being so unecomonically expensive.

Credit Unions don't get the publicity they deserve sadly.

Obviously living with in your means is a thing of the past!

Late wage payment, Council cock up, bank error, fridge blows up.

Most people use the for unexpected and unplanned things and it's those folks who usually end up in trouble.

Living with your means the financial institutions have destroying for the last 20 years and it's why it household finance and economics should be taught in school to stop 18-24s instantly filling in the 'automatically approved for a card' mailers that the shits use to get people hooked on credit.

Too many have grown up with credit being freely available, and when things go wrong, the highstreet banks shut shop sometimes you don't have another choice.

Payday sharks, or as per the example above about Brighthouse was it, with their higher purchase to buy rates etc.

Curry's infinity option even was ona recent consumer programme.

Unless we start teaching kids what grandparents used to take for granted, things will only get worse, and companies like payday will become highstreet - they are already are.

They used to say a string of solicitors and bookies on a high street told you a lot about the area and employment opportunities - can add venture captialist (and Church backed) payday companies to that list for me.

My mom used Brighthouse i went mad at her when her cooker blew up, she couldn't afford a new one so took one from there, bloody hell she ended up paying over a grand or something for it, absolute disgrace so what i did was keep a jar at hers and when i had any spare i put it into the the jar for unexpected things happaning and it works it helps us all out and we put money back we take out for emergancies

My mom used Brighthouse i went mad at her when her cooker blew up, she couldn't afford a new one so took one from there, bloody hell she ended up paying over a grand or something for it, absolute disgrace so what i did was keep a jar at hers and when i had any spare i put it into the the jar for unexpected things happaning and it works it helps us all out and we put money back we take out for emergancies

Ridiculous prices aren't they, but sometimes people don't have another option.

If you're a family already living on the edge (and I don't mean those wasting money on fags, booze, trips to the pub regularly - although I add a caveat I don't blame people enjoying themselves even if things are tight) it can be the only choice you have sadly.

Even a penny jar should be a must, it soon mounts up and it's something even those really stretched could still do and be suprised at what they end up with after a few months.

Yeah Mike in these hard times any little put away is a bonus if you can that is, my dad has been out of work a while fell ill but now back looking for work and at 59 it ain't easy he says but in the meantime things are tight for mom and dad they downsized to a bungalow from our old three bed house etc,

They don't drink don't smoke and don't go out yet they struggle for hens meat, my dad always says ''how the bloody hell do folks smoke fags and drink beer on the dole as it must cost a fortune'' and i do wonder as he is right lol its hard enough affording these things whilst working, mental,

The balance should be when things are tight, you give yourself something to live for and enjoy - maybe one night out a week to remind yourself you're doing more than stress about money, even if it's a set tenner and 3 drinks down the pub.

But if things are tight you don't buy the big screen TV, you don't drink everynight. If you can't quite, you at least cut down on fags and move to roll ups etc.

There's always something that can be done, but the press for obvious reasons only ever focus on those who excess and then you get generalisations where they aren't true - and if you're in that position, as per your old mans comment, it can be very frustrating because he's obviously doing all he can along with your mum.

Yeah dude just buying the luxuries like flatscreens etc iis what some seem to focus on,its a jungle out there and we all have to battle our way through although these loan sharks aint ever going away are they they have always been here and always will be,

Problem is when your in work you can get credit easier, if you fall out of work and your cooker/fridge or a massive gas bill anything that would hurt you financially whilst working is to the extreme and worse when unemployed, my mom works as a cleaner so paying for things like cookers etc on small tiny wages is difficult so these bright houses will be about taking in off the poor for many a year to come unfortuantley

Loan sharks of 1 shape or description have always been around. Used to be the little pawn shops where you would and pawn Great Grandma ring left to you and the like. Then you got people like Provident popping up who gave you laons at high interest rates.Then the pawn shops went a bit upmarket with buying in all sorts and having shops that looked like any average shop. Then they started cashing cheques and doing payday cheques. Now it's led to the online money lenders.

Same thing under a different disguise. Difference being is that the online can be done without thinking.

Of-course you also have the nasty money lenders that stereo type hag around on housing estates taking people child benefit books to pay the debt. Back in Dickens day you had Scrooge

Biblical time-money lenders in the temples. Always been there. Always been a need. Don't like them.
Just the disguises they appear in differ