Paxman gets Branded | Vital Football

Paxman gets Branded

I think Russell Brand is excellent. Which is quite a turn around as I hated him about 2 years ago

Russell is eccentric and doesnt care what anyone thinks of him... He is smart and articulate got to give it to him...
Problem is society is clinging to the old ways and the ones who rule are oldies who need to step aside as they have destroyed everything through their own greed and lust for power...

Brand isnt trying to lead anything he is just attempting to get people to seek out the alternatives because many are out there but it will a large majority to get on board for things to change...

Love him or hate him I think he genuinely wants to make things better...

[youtube=O_LHuII-jYQ]

He's better be careful. They went for Jamie Oliver for trying to get the kids not to eat shit. They'll be sharpening their knives already for Brand.

I'll watch that later.

I have never really liked Brand, but as we watch a lot of live comedy, I went to see him a couple of weeks back and thought he was brilliant.

Not only a good stand up, but an all round entertainer who interacted with the audience as well as anyone who I have ever seen.

I'm not a fan in reallity, he's a revolutionary communist in essence but I love his passion and articulation and would love to see it repeated in our politicians, just not his ideologies.

Villan Of The North - 25/10/2013 10:00

I'm not a fan in reallity, he's a revolutionary communist in essence but I love his passion and articulation and would love to see it repeated in our politicians, just not his ideologies.

Isn't Jesus often described as the first communist?

BodyButter - 25/10/2013 05:57

Villan Of The North - 25/10/2013 10:00

Isn't Jesus often described as the first communist?

I hesitate to reply to this at the risk of turning this into another thread about religion but I feel it needs an answer so I'll keep it brief.

Yes, some have described him as such but I disagree. There is a huge difference between wanting/encouraging/expecting social and personal responsibility and having a system where a central body(or individual) forces their version of equality onto society. It's about personal choice. If you want to describe Jesus as the first hippy I'd have no problem with that but the first communist? Not in my opinion.

I love Russell Brand. Always have done, and have always thought those that hate him are those that have not even bothered to give him a chance.

On first impressions, yeah i thought he was a nob. But I gave him a chance and after 10 minutes of Ponderland I completley changed my opinion and was in tears of laughter.

Comedy aside, the clip above with Paxman shows he is a very quick, confident and clever individual. Lesser people would have fumbled when Paxman came at them so hard. Brand took it, turned it and came out on top. Fair play.

Prep, you got the clip from the American one? Not seen that yet.

In fairness, he does come across as a nonce. I watched one of his stand up gigs and it was was mostly him saying pretty bland stuff in an overly theatrical manner. I didn't enjoy it.

Well said Russell, i luv the bloke cos all he is saying is the truth, these politicians are all the same all look out for one another in bed with the big corporations o the world, total truth and until there is an uprising or total change from this bs stystem we live in protecting the rich nothing will ever really change for people at the bottom end of the scale