Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread

There was a reason he was so far down the keepers order at Southampton .
He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when we gave him the call. And the Saints as well !
Why would any club with aspirations of Champions League football rely on a goal keeper who doesn’t even know where his ‘kin goal is .
The fact that we continued with him even after having him at the club for so long is mind boggling . What does it say for our coaching staff

There was a reason he was so far down the keepers order at Southampton .
He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when we gave him the call. And the Saints as well !
Why would any club with aspirations of Champions League football rely on a goal keeper who doesn’t even know where his ‘kin goal is .
The fact that we continued with him even after having him at the club for so long is mind boggling . What does it say for our coaching staff

Says more about the other options

Good call ditch Lopez, who would be pushing Hugo rather than the ball into his own net

Just googled it . Summer 2018 free transfer to Betis , summer 2019 24 million to Roma and as you say , Spanish international . You couldn’t make it up could you .

Perhaps he was unsettled in London, i suppose we'll never really know. Considering also he was behind Hugo & Vorm then it's easy to see why he was moved on.

if that was an isolated game then I'd say it was a decent performance with a slight error (probs not a howler) but he seems to be letting a soft one in at least every other game lately which makes it impossible for us to tighten up at the back. We need clean sheets and Gazza seems incapable, at least with our porous defence in front of him.

He is just a liability we don’t need . We have enough of them as it is , but when it’s the last line of defence it’s one we can’t afford .
I keep going back to the Boro goal in the first game , he was nowhere near in the right position , far too far to his left and gave their forward the whole of the goal to aim at . Too slow in coming out as well . Poor keeping .
Had my heart in my mouth again last night when he charged down the attacker near the corner of the area . Reckless

The GK is an area we need to spend some serious money on. If that means 40m so be it. You just can't skrimp in this area. As we have found out you just can't keep clean sheets with average GKs. Every game you just know we will concede. The other guys must be very poor.

I thought our youth GKs were meant to be decent... Guessing it's just the seniority and his save % that are keeping him there for now.

Hugo is close to returning I think . Although it's an area we need to improve on , I think we have other priorities position wise.

I thought our youth GKs were meant to be decent... Guessing it's just the seniority and his save % that are keeping him there for now.

Brandon Austin is the one most likely to break through im my opinion, but he's only just 21 - I've seen him half a dozen times; very confident and commands his box well, but like most keepers his age, I think he needs a good hard loan now where he's playing week in week out.

Hugo is close to returning I think . Although it's an area we need to improve on , I think we have other priorities position wise.

Disagree.

If he breaks down again we are in the same position again.

GK in the summer is a must