Paul Hurst | Page 4 | Vital Football

Paul Hurst

ROKERITE - 25/10/2016 10:06

As I wrote on another thread last evening "they'd have to be crazy to leave for Grimsby and they seem anything but crazy to me".
As far as "Lincoln fans sounding like Braintree fans" there's a world of difference between the two. The Cowleys were school teachers working in their spare time at a small part-time club when the offer to move to Sincil Bank (and several other offers) was made to them. It was a huge step to give up their teaching careers but the chance of going full-time at a club with the potential of LCFC was too tempting to resist. Moving from LCFC to GTFC would have no such attraction. They'd be going between clubs of fairly equal size but swapping a very possible promotion on their c.v.'s for a relegation battle. Trying to run in ill-fitting shoes surely appeals less than a gentler paced progress into The Football League over the next seven months or so.
The Cowleys have been wonderfully supported by Mr Nates and the rest of those at the club. They have been able to bring in numerous players from their wish list and put together a squad that can go up as champions this season. As for the club showing some ambition-well they certainly have, both in appointing the Cowleys and backing them. I wouldn't have thought it necessary to offer improved terms right now but a very large bonus for delivering promotion might well be added if it isn't already there.
I have thought all along that the only reason the Cowleys might choose to leave before this season is out would be a good offer from a bigger club in the South-East or family problems. I just don''t see Grimsby Town as an attractive option for the brothers.
 You are aware that they're 8th and not 18th? I don't think they'll be in a relegation battle.

However, I'm certain DC won't be going there. Too soon in to his project here and I think he's got more about him than that. Yes the Cods have a slightly larger fanbase than ours and maybe more potential long term but until/if they get a stadium sorted out they won't be that much more attractive proposition than here. Plus their fans are really impatient, here he has some good will to play with still. DC will still be here by the end of the season, mark my words.

Imp4life91 - 25/10/2016 16:44

As I wrote on another thread last evening "they'd have to be crazy to leave for Grimsby and they seem anything but crazy to me".
As far as "Lincoln fans sounding like Braintree fans" there's a world of difference between the two. The Cowleys were school teachers working in their spare time at a small part-time club when the offer to move to Sincil Bank (and several other offers) was made to them. It was a huge step to give up their teaching careers but the chance of going full-time at a club with the potential of LCFC was too tempting to resist. Moving from LCFC to GTFC would have no such attraction. They'd be going between clubs of fairly equal size but swapping a very possible promotion on their c.v.'s for a relegation battle. Trying to run in ill-fitting shoes surely appeals less than a gentler paced progress into The Football League over the next seven months or so.
The Cowleys have been wonderfully supported by Mr Nates and the rest of those at the club. They have been able to bring in numerous players from their wish list and put together a squad that can go up as champions this season. As for the club showing some ambition-well they certainly have, both in appointing the Cowleys and backing them. I wouldn't have thought it necessary to offer improved terms right now but a very large bonus for delivering promotion might well be added if it isn't already there.
I have thought all along that the only reason the Cowleys might choose to leave before this season is out would be a good offer from a bigger club in the South-East or family problems. I just don''t see Grimsby Town as an attractive option for the brothers.
 You are aware that they're 8th and not 18th? I don't think they'll be in a relegation battle.

However, I'm certain DC won't be going there. Too soon in to his project here and I think he's got more about him than that. Yes the Cods have a slightly larger fanbase than ours and maybe more potential long term but until/if they get a stadium sorted out they won't be that much more attractive proposition than here. Plus their fans are really impatient, here he has some good will to play with still. DC will still be here by the end of the season, mark my words.
 Only 4 points ahead of 18th place and just lost at home to the team who were 3rd from bottom and their manager has decided a step up from Cleethorpes is Shrewsbury. I mean how desperate do you have to be to move to Shrewsbury and see it as a step forward. :pointy: :pointy: :smokin: :smokin:

Impartiality - 25/10/2016 17:06

Imp4life91 - 25/10/2016 16:44

Only 4 points ahead of 18th place and just lost at home to the team who were 3rd from bottom and their manager has decided a step up from Cleethorpes is Shrewsbury. I mean how desperate do you have to be to move to Shrewsbury and see it as a step forward. :pointy: :pointy: :smokin: :smokin:
 Equally we're only 4 points from 11th place but I doubt we'll drop to there any time soon. I would imagine their fans being gits was part of the reason he left.

Now then, Grimsby fan in peace. Interesting to see many of you on here don't think it would be a step up for the Cowley's to come to Town. I'd have to disagree there on the blatantly obvious point that it, errr, is because they would be moving up a division.

Further to that I think that we do have a bigger fan base and greater potential, currently. Also, if they get sacked by a League 2 they have further to fall whereas if they get sacked by the Imps they are most likely looking at another Conference side or even lower.

I do feel that the message published today has somewhat put a nail in that coffin anyway but I wouldn't have been disappointed if we had taken a punt on them. I would quite like us to give someone from non-league a go again.

Kentishimp - 24/10/2016 15:48

helgy - 25/10/2016 14:21

Davidimp - 24/10/2016 14:08

I don't why but when he does finally does to move on I reckon it'll be the Hammers.

Good shout David

Why the Hammers?

I see no reason that if we get success here with the Cowleys then they could, with enough financial backing take our club to at least Championship level (eventually).
Lincoln is a city that is growing in both wealth & status, more investments in a successful football club would follow the same trend as the city.

Graham Taylor left the club for Watford in 1977 because the board would not push on and invest for another promotion challenge.

I hope this board if we are successful do not make that mistake.
They support West Ham, that would be a boyhood dream to manage them.