Paul Hurst | Page 3 | Vital Football

Paul Hurst

SAToffeeImp - 25/10/2016 11:17

SIMJON - 25/10/2016 08:58

Apparantly a member of our board (who's name i won't disclose!) was telling people in the pub last night that Grimsby have asked to speak to him and we can't refuse that.

It is one thing to speculate about something you know nothing about but its really poor form to write rubbish like that. Nobody at Grimsby has approached anyone at Lincoln City.

A board member from SA has said on Vital that no one from Grimsby has made an approach for the managers. No need for the word apparently . Thanks for clearing that up Clive.

The Cowleys would of course be able to work with the pinnacle of further education that is Grimsby Institute, rather than Lincoln University or Bishop Grosseteste University.

There is a big contrast between having the South Common on their doorstep and views of the Cathedral and Lincoln Castle as opposed to the Carr Lane Allotments, the dismal brown North Sea and Grimsby Dock Tower.

Not forgetting that in a bitter winter north east wind the decrepit Blundell Park is about as cosy and welcoming as a Siberian Gulag.

Unfortunately however money talks in these situations but one thing that is almost certain is that their families would be unlikely to go up and visit them.

As ever thanks Clive. Cod sorry Lincs FM said at 11am, they haven't even drawn up a shortlist yet let alone spoken to anyone.
As others have said they will make themselves look very bad if they keep jumping every few months for a different job and the players they've recently signed will wonder why earth they came here if they up left having told them their plans for here only to leave shortly after for another club.

Great to hear Danny commit to the club, I am very happy and relieved to see him confirm that there is much work left to do at Lincoln. Onwards and upwards...

when an opening comes up at another club, good management options are bound to be speculated upon... the fact that cowley+cowley are being mentioned shows we have a good management team in place.

one thing i hope the board have in place - and are constantly revisiting and updating - are candidates for a post-cowley lcfc... just in case.

uti

I have to say the more I hear from DC the more I like about him. We'll lose him one day, but itll be to a much bigger club than that mob up the road.

Excellent to hear that from the horse's mouth. Certainly laid my fears to rest. Very good of him to do that. :thumb:

Boy, there are some deluded morons on The Fishy. Even after being told by a major shareholder and the manager of the club some of them still think DC and NC are going to Cleethorpes.

Impartiality - 25/10/2016 13:12

Boy, there are some deluded morons on The Fishy. Even after being told by a major shareholder and the manager of the club some of them still think DC and NC are going to Cleethorpes.
Yeah for fish n chips :pointy:

Although he knows how much we appreciate what he and his brother are doing, how about a rousing chorus of stand up if you love the boss tonight.

A club is for life

DC and NC are far too level headed and process driven to even contemplate leaving Lincoln at this point. Their careers (in my opinion) have been carefully built step by step with the aim of ultimately managing at the top level.

They are only just grappling with the challenges of stepping up to a full time job at a full time club, and they have cleverly chosen to do that in a league they are familiar with thus limiting the learning curve and maximising their chances of success.

I don't for 1 second think they are considering anything but making a success of their jobs at Lincoln and learning the ropes of being a full time manager at a full time club. Jumping ship would be a big uncalculated risk and I don't see the Cowleys as people who consider uncalculated risk as way to manage their teams or their careers...

I agree with that, Sincilbanks. There is a clear thought process underpinning everything they do, and it is hard to see much logic behind a move to Grimsby, either for them or for Grimsby. There are a lot of negatives (potential and actual), and where the negatives outweigh the positives to such an extent, it would take an extraordinary incentive to trigger that option.

I wonder whether a certain Mr Moore will be interested in a move back north, though?

One plonker on The Fishy thinks Lincoln are struggling after a good start to the season. Don't you just hate struggling down in third place?

helgy - 25/10/2016 14:21

Davidimp - 24/10/2016 14:08

I don't why but when he does finally does to move on I reckon it'll be the Hammers.

Good shout David

Why the Hammers?

I see no reason that if we get success here with the Cowleys then they could, with enough financial backing take our club to at least Championship level (eventually).
Lincoln is a city that is growing in both wealth & status, more investments in a successful football club would follow the same trend as the city.

Graham Taylor left the club for Watford in 1977 because the board would not push on and invest for another promotion challenge.

I hope this board if we are successful do not make that mistake.

Getting ahead of ourselves a bit. Nice long term plan but do our board have the resources to invest even if they wanted too? I think we're pushing the boat out by our standards at the moment and I for one am grateful for that.

Imps fans are easily unsettled - we're used to disappointment. I for one still feel unsettled.

Kentishimp - 25/10/2016 14:48

helgy - 25/10/2016 14:21

Davidimp - 24/10/2016 14:08

I don't why but when he does finally does to move on I reckon it'll be the Hammers.

Good shout David

Why the Hammers?

I see no reason that if we get success here with the Cowleys then they could, with enough financial backing take our club to at least Championship level (eventually).
Lincoln is a city that is growing in both wealth & status, more investments in a successful football club would follow the same trend as the city.

Graham Taylor left the club for Watford in 1977 because the board would not push on and invest for another promotion challenge.

I hope this board if we are successful do not make that mistake.

Very early days and not wishing to tempt fate, but Lincoln is one of the fastest growing cities in the country ( leaving that village on the Humber bank in its wake!), the football club at the moment is making as much progress off the pitch, attendances up 31% as on it. In a few months we are showing as much growth as in the last 10 years. No we are not the finished project, but whose to say we can't be?
If this forward progress continues the club will become more noticed, yes could be a negative re others after our managers or players. But whose to say it would not attract investment to bring us into a position where we can afford to ignore these offers.
You can't stop people leaving if they want to, but it would be good if we were at the stage as they would see staying here as career progress.
We tend at times to think of what we are, rather than what we could be.

UTI
A club is for life

DC's going to look at a bit stupid if he moves after that video.

Neither of them strike me as the type to make themselves out to be that.