PAUL COOK | Page 3 | Vital Football

PAUL COOK

Kenny, you are one of the least realistic people on here. In your eyes everything all of the time is a bed of roses. Happy clapping, waving pom poms and shaking tambourines when it isn't justified does the club no good whatsoever.
If you take the trouble to read some of my posts you should realise that I don't think everything in the garden is rosy etc etc etc, I just don't go OTT like some do and are constantly negative.

If we lose the next two matches it will pile pressure on the manager. He's been desperately unlucky to lose the players he has to injury, but more defeats could well cause the new owners to twitch a little. I hope they keep their nerve and support PC through this difficult period. Let's hope for six points to lift the gloom.

There is no evidence of this, all the evidence is saying they are delighted he is our manager, last week the new chairman said the new owners was worried the premier lge clubs will come and take Paul Cook and they wanted him to stay?

They only thing they was twitchy about was losing him to some one else.

If you take the trouble to read some of my posts you should realise that I don't think everything in the garden is rosy etc etc etc, I just don't go OTT like some do and are constantly negative.

I do take the trouble and there's rarely anything that deviates from the party line.

There is no evidence of this, all the evidence is saying they are delighted he is our manager, last week the new chairman said the new owners was worried the premier lge clubs will come and take Paul Cook and they wanted him to stay?

They only thing they was twitchy about was losing him to some one else.

Yes, once the owners gives the manager their blessing they always keep their word don't they?

Got the best out of Vaughnie & Windass
Has Cal Mac singing his praises
Likely to get pasted if we lose tomorrow.

As Greavesy would have said.... Funny old game ain't it.

How about slagging people off when it isn't justified? You never seem to have a pop at anybody for being negative? You seem to equate constant negativity with realism.

This is for whittle btw

[QUOTE="The Chet, post: 1637065, member: 10760".........
This is for whittle btw[/QUOTE]

I read your post Chet & was just about to have a pop back! ?

Your floor Whittle/MiW......
??

[QUOTE="The Chet, post: 1637065, member: 10760".........
This is for whittle btw

I read your post Chet & was just about to have a pop back! ?

Your floor Whittle/MiW......
??[/QUOTE]

If I knew what the fuck he was on about I'd step onto it.

It was a response to you having a pop at Kenny Morris for being forever positive and that it somehow renders his views as less valid. But you never seem to say the same to the constantly negative. I was just wondering why?

Surely Chet, we all err to one side or the other - positive or negative. Therefore, we all pick on the view opposite to ours.

MiW takes a fair bit of flak for his negative tendencies......... but you can't expect him to flog himself.
:oops:

I'm not flogging him. I'm just wondering why he views one extreme opinion as being too biased to be valid but not the other extreme.

I'm not flogging him. I'm just wondering why he views one extreme opinion as being too biased to be valid but not the other extreme.

As with everything in life you need balance. Extremism which ever way it is is no good. My views aren't constantly 'negative' or constantly 'positive' just in my opinion balanced dependent on what's being discussed. However express an opinion or observation on here about latics that isnt set to a marching band and you get rounded on, which is why a lot now stay away. Kenneth is ultra positive 99% of the time, even when it isn't merited, so it devalues credibility. To be fair to him however he sticks to his guns on a whole range of footballing and non footballing topics, so whilst I don't agree with him most of the time I respect him for that. He'll see the light eventually though...

I have absolute faith in Paul.

He proved last year that he's a very good manager, and early on this season, we looked superb. Bearing in mind that all of his first choice front three (Crackers, Will and Massey) have been injured for a while and aside from a poor run against several top clubs, our form has been solid.

This season was always about consolidating our place in this league, and at no point have we looked like a relegation candidate when the level of opposition has been factored in. Yeah, we were crap against Leeds, but they're a top top side who'll be vying for the title come the end of the season, and we're a newly promoted side not blessed with a billionaire sugar daddy to mitigate that status: they were always going to play us off the park.

All things considered, Paul is doing an excellent job, and he has my support 100%.

Whittle I wasn't saying your views are constantly negative. But I've never known you criticise those that with dark tinted specs. Only those who apparently see things through rose tinted ones. I'm just curious why? Don't both devalue credibility?

Whittle I wasn't saying your views are constantly negative. But I've never known you criticise those that with dark tinted specs. Only those who apparently see things through rose tinted ones. I'm just curious why? Don't both devalue credibility?

I appreciate you wasn't, perhaps I structured the reply wrongly. You're right it does devalue credibility. As I said whenever someone posts what they consider to be a negative view, however valid and correct that view is, they get rounded on, on here. As such see no point a lot of the time in joining in the group kicking and adding to it.

To be fair I think it's because I've spent so many years sticking up for my club to the many people within the town that knock us and love to see us fail. When I see a supporter that can never bring themselves to say anything positive it just riles me a bit.

Paul Cook was a very good player for us. He is a very good manager for us, who talks sense and keeps everything in perspective. Win or draw or lose he keep calm with his feet on the ground. Support him and at the end of the season enjoy what we finish and what he has built. We will not be disappointed, I promise you.