PAUL COOK | Page 2 | Vital Football

PAUL COOK

MiW...... as a left back, you've undoubtedly got a point (though let's not forget about his block late on). However, as a left winger, surely you've got to accept that he made a few great runs and put in some belting crosses.

Let's give credit where it's due.

It's all about context though. Reading were awful and not indicative of the general standard of this league - so to laud a mediocre performance seems a tad extreme. In all other appearances, against better opposition, he's stood out like a virgins cock in a whore house.

If you was the new owners watching that today What would you think would you trust cook with any cash you have dout it ........ said after game two that Windass was no good at this level to slow Garner well enough said Gibson passed his sell by date THE Loan men one out of the three ..... Evans must have said something to cook as for Macmannam well if he cant get in front of bryne he must be realy bad

Are you his agent? His Mum? Or just the chief tambourine shaker?

He's so far out of his depth it's unreal. Fortunately he was up against a team and tactics commensurate with his ability level today, which isn't a glowing endorsement, so let's put his display into context. Against any team with any quality you'd normally encounter at this level he'd get torn a new one.
So why pick on him then??

This is how you know you've got a scape goat, for all the lads faults he had a good game and he still cant catch a break with some fans.

He's been overall poor for us and deserved much of the criticism he's had. Yesterday was a big improvement and if our finishing wasn't so hopeless he could've had an assist or two. So let's give him the credit he's due for a week - I'm sure hell be back to deserving criticism in the next game or so and give people a justified reason to have a go.

So why pick on him then??

'Pick'? The lads shite, he should never have been signed whilst at this level and especially not on a 3 year deal. That's my point and I'm entitled to make it. Sadly acting like a nodding dog to every decision the club makes endorses poor judgement and decision making.

'Pick'? The lads shite, he should never have been signed whilst at this level and especially not on a 3 year deal. That's my point and I'm entitled to make it. Sadly acting like a nodding dog to every decision the club makes endorses poor judgement and decision making.
If you are entitled to your opinion then so am I. My opinion is that you and others have chosen Naismith as the current scapegoat.
Morsy had a far worse game than Naismith but not one of the people calling Naismith have said so even though he was playing out of position. The fact is that in this game he put over a good few crosses that with better finishing would have won us the game, he also made a good block in the centre towards the end when other players who should have been there didn't.
Yes he is not first choice and is learning this level of play but give him a break and at least acknowledge the improvement.
And by the way, I am not a "nodding dog" as you call me, I am just a bit more realistic than you possibly are.

If you are entitled to your opinion then so am I. My opinion is that you and others have chosen Naismith as the current scapegoat.
Morsy had a far worse game than Naismith but not one of the people calling Naismith have said so even though he was playing out of position. The fact is that in this game he put over a good few crosses that with better finishing would have won us the game, he also made a good block in the centre towards the end when other players who should have been there didn't.
Yes he is not first choice and is learning this level of play but give him a break and at least acknowledge the improvement.
And by the way, I am not a "nodding dog" as you call me, I am just a bit more realistic than you possibly are.

My criticism of his signing is not based on one mediocre performance against a team so poor they could not target our weakness on the left. And let's be honest, you are rarely realistic, you always agree without question every decision this club takes. Nodding dog therefore seems reasonable and apt.

one thing fo sure if we lose on wed and god forbid on sat we will be in the deep s.....t over the season we should be beating teams below us no matter what any one says these are 6 pointers

That was the problem yesterday, Cookie decided there was no way we could afford to lose that game so he sacrificed going all out.
Personally I think it will be another couple of draws.

one thing fo sure if we lose on wed and god forbid on sat we will be in the deep s.....t over the season we should be beating teams below us no matter what any one says these are 6 pointers

Paul Cooks overall record in picking up wins in 6 pointers for us is not that good.

Last season when we were playing teams in and around us at the time we rarely got the win and this season in the 6 pointers we've struggled and picked up shock results against better sides to balance that out.

I'm not at all confident for the next 2 games.

That was the problem yesterday, Cookie decided there was no way we could afford to lose that game so he sacrificed going all out.
Personally I think it will be another couple of draws.
Very very Yoothaesque indeed. Going for it, high pressing, attacking, hmmm all forgotten let's go the Joyce way.

My criticism of his signing is not based on one mediocre performance against a team so poor they could not target our weakness on the left. And let's be honest, you are rarely realistic, you always agree without question every decision this club takes. Nodding dog therefore seems reasonable and apt.
How do you know that?

If we lose the next two matches it will pile pressure on the manager. He's been desperately unlucky to lose the players he has to injury, but more defeats could well cause the new owners to twitch a little. I hope they keep their nerve and support PC through this difficult period. Let's hope for six points to lift the gloom.

Past 'form'
No, as I said I am more realistic and also more pragmatic than you and some others.
To you being a supporter of WA is an opportunity to moan and find fault with anything and everything.
Funny how there were less posts when we were in our period of good form because there was very little to moan about, and even then you did.
Picking on certain players who are low on confidence does nothing to improve things, yes you are entitled to criticise but not continually imbibing negativity into peoples heads. Tell someone they are rubbish for long enough and they will start to believe it, which does nothing to help our club

No, as I said I am more realistic and also more pragmatic than you and some others.
To you being a supporter of WA is an opportunity to moan and find fault with anything and everything.
Funny how there were less posts when we were in our period of good form because there was very little to moan about, and even then you did.
Picking on certain players who are low on confidence does nothing to improve things, yes you are entitled to criticise but not continually imbibing negativity into peoples heads. Tell someone they are rubbish for long enough and they will start to believe it, which does nothing to help our club

Kenny, you are one of the least realistic people on here. In your eyes everything all of the time is a bed of roses. Happy clapping, waving pom poms and shaking tambourines when it isn't justified does the club no good whatsoever.