PAUL COOK | Vital Football

PAUL COOK

I know things are not as we want it. Now the take over finally Done and
Tranfer widow around the Corner.
PAUL COOK
Should Be given Time to Bring in Quality Players He wants to Help us Push on In January .
ITS Times Like know He , The Club and players
Need The Fans Behind Them .
IN COOK I TRUST

Last edited:
Paul Cook I have no aspirations of leaving Wigan Athletic in any way shape or form, Wigan is very much my future

Cooky comenting on the Republic job.

Good on yer lad :cup::party:

I know things are not as we want it. Now the take over finally Done and
Tranfer widow around the Corner.
PAUL COOK
Should Be given Time to Bring in Quality Players He wants to Help us Push on In January .
ITS Times Like know He , The Club and players
Need The Fans Behind Them .
IN COOK I TRUST

I think you had a good Friday night.
Anyway, what I infer from what you write is some are saying that the manager maybe shouldn't be given until January as results are not great at the moment?

IS that the case, and if so who are these lunatics?
Does anyone think we can get a better manager, and if so who?
Does anyone think theplayers would be more happy with a new manager?
Have the doubters even glanced at what the new owners have said in the takeover documents, when the say Paul Cook is fundemental to the club going forward?

Paul Cook I have no aspirations of leaving Wigan Athletic in any way shape or form, Wigan is very much my future

Cooky comenting on the Republic job.

Good on yer lad :cup::party:
Said the same at Pompey, in fact he went one step further there and said and I quote...”I will never leave this club!” A leopard never changes his spots..

The New Pompey owners didn't say what our new owners have said about him though, did they?
Ours have said he is fundamental to the club and are committed to building the club with him as Manager. Nothing like that was said at Pompey and so he didn't feel that they would commit to him long term.
Big difference

I can't really understand why at this stage anyone would contemplate removing PC.
His signings to be fair were probably only meant to be squad players, but unfortunately due to the unprecedented amount of injuries to key players, they have had to become first team regulars.
We set off like a house on fire with a full squad of players still bubbling from last seasons success, and even now in a mid table position we are probably as high or higher up the league than most expected.
Hopefully the injuries will clear up, the fringe players will settle and with one or two astute signings in January we will consolidate our place in the Championship.
I really believe with a full fit squad, the Play Offs are not beyond us, but, mid table would still be a great achievement with all things considered.

I think people tend to over think ( me included ) so I'm just going to put kettle on for a cup of twinings in my 2013 souvenir cup and just hope for the best.

Naismith was ok but wasn't really tested against possibly the worst side we've played for a while. You couldn't really fault the lad today though so credit when it's due but why on earth we havnt got another out and out left back is crazy.

Naismith had a decent game today and possibly saved our bacon with the block when he got injured in the last few mins

FAKE NEWS! ;)

In all seriousness, I agree and thought he performed admirably considering few were at their best today, and showed more effort and desire than some of the household favourites on the pitch too.

He's clearly determined to prove the boo-boys and couch coaches wrong, and I think might even be a better option than Robinson if he continues to perform at the same level going forward.

FAKE NEWS! ;)

In all seriousness, I agree and thought he performed admirably considering few were at their best today, and showed more effort and desire than some of the household favourites on the pitch too.

He's clearly determined to prove the boo-boys and couch coaches wrong, and I think might even be a better option than Robinson if he continues to perform at the same level going forward.

Are you his agent? His Mum? Or just the chief tambourine shaker?

He's so far out of his depth it's unreal. Fortunately he was up against a team and tactics commensurate with his ability level today, which isn't a glowing endorsement, so let's put his display into context. Against any team with any quality you'd normally encounter at this level he'd get torn a new one.

Are you his agent? His Mum? Or just the chief tambourine shaker?

He's so far out of his depth it's unreal. Fortunately he was up against a team and tactics commensurate with his ability level today, which isn't a glowing endorsement, so let's put his display into context. Against any team with any quality you'd normally encounter at this level he'd get torn a new one.

It’s really not too inconceivable to subscribe to the notion of handing out praise to players who deserve it based on their performances on the day. Context or no context and opposition aside, he was certainly no worse than anyone else out there on either team today.

I reckon you may just spontaneously combust right there in your seat if he ever scores or contributes to a winning goal.

And I’m his chief xylophonist, actually.