Paul Cook - “We’re in a good vein of form” | Vital Football

Paul Cook - “We’re in a good vein of form”

Studs88

Vital Youth Team
Paul Cook

But the reality is we’re actually doing okay, we’re in a good vein of form, and we possibly should have won the last four matches.
“That’s the margins you’re dealing with in this game, and it’s how you go about finding a winning mentality.

Ahead of the Forest game Cook has bemoaned our injury struggles (Moore & Mulgrew). While claiming we’re in a rich vain of form. That form extends to 12 games without a win and I believe 33 away games without victory. Slumping to the bottom of the Championship table with every team in the division having won a match since our last victory.

The law of averages says we’re due a win. But we say that week in, week out. The bigger picture is there is next to zero prospect of us not being one of the worst three teams in this division come the end of the season with Cook in charge.

The shite this clown comes out with is unbelievable.

- the away form isn't a problem
- I don’t know how to change the away form
- it’s great to see the Britannia rocking (after losing another injury time goal)
- now we’re in a good vein of form (we’re bottom and haven’t won in months)

Seriously, can you imagine your employer putting up with such bull shit. Who the fuck is running this club at present because he’s seriously taking the piss out of them and the fans.

The shite this clown comes out with is unbelievable.

- the away form isn't a problem
- I don’t know how to change the away form
- it’s great to see the Britannia rocking (after losing another injury time goal)
- now we’re in a good vein of form (we’re bottom and haven’t won in months)

Seriously, can you imagine your employer putting up with such bull shit. Who the fuck is running this club at present because he’s seriously taking the piss out of them and the fans.

Beggars belief really MiW, he can spout whatever drivel he wants with impunity from either PK/ local media & the board. He really must think he's untouchable otherwise why would we keep hearing the absolute bullshit he spouts.....needs potting & potting immediately imo.

This fellow reminds me of one of Britain's greatest business fuckups - Gerald Ratner - remember him the fellow that took down a profitable jewellery business by claiming the public were stupid because they continued to buy the shit he sold.

Well cook is treating us with the same sort of perverse mentality making outrageous claims opposite to what we all know is the actual truth this adulation of opposition teams and claims of not knowing how to turn the slump round or away form is nothing to worry about all aired in public should be a sacking offence in it's own right, let alone is managerial failings.

I understand what Cooky means as do most but please Paul you should be a little more diplomatic. Working in a results driven industry the facts people are showing does not equate to playing well.
Add to these the lack of shots that are even on target (15 in the last four games and ten in the last three games) plus 12 wins from the last 63 matches its hardly exhilarating form.
What have we to do to go on a bloody bad run?

I understand what Cooky means as do most but please Paul you should be a little more diplomatic. Working in a results driven industry the facts people are showing does not equate to playing well.
Add to these the lack of shots that are even on target (15 in the last four games and ten in the last three games) plus 12 wins from the last 63 matches its hardly exhilarating form.
What have we to do to go on a bloody bad run?

Lets just put this in perspective Jeff, Leicester City are a successful team, second in the Premier League are they not?

Their shots on target average this season is 4.94 per game.

You have quoted our last four games shots on target as 15 in the last four an average of 3.75. Not a great deal of difference is there.

I know we haven't been anywhere near that figure for most of the season but it does show improvement over the last four games.

We are playing well. Surely even the blindest of people on here can see that.
Last few games lets say 3 when did we play bad?
Are we playing well?

We’ve stopped lumping it long and done enough to avoid defeat. Never once have we took a game by the scruff of the neck and been genuinely unlucky.

Derby where coming off the back of six straight away defeats and no goals. They did nothing against us and came away with a point. It’s the same story each week.

I think the fact it's even being debated if bottom of the league with no win in 12 is good form or not says it all about how far our standards have slipped.

If I said to anyone on here in pre season if hypothetically say the Barnsley, Luton or Charlton manager had his side on a 12 game winless streak that saw them fall to 24th and described it as anything like a good form - no one would've accepted that could be a coherent statement and we'd say they must be delusional to say it.

Performances have picked up but we are rewriting the meaning of good run of form to call it that.

I think the fact it's even being debated if bottom of the league with no win in 12 is good form or not says it all about how far our standards have slipped.

If I said to anyone on here in pre season if hypothetically say the Barnsley, Luton or Charlton manager had his side on a 12 game winless streak that saw them fall to 24th and described it as anything like a good form - no one would've accepted that could be a coherent statement and we'd say they must be delusional to say it.

Performances have picked up but we are rewriting the meaning of good run of form to call it that.
Or do the Derby County fans feel they are in good form? Well they managed a point at Wigan and we are in ripping trees up form.

Glass half empty?

Is it true that Paul Cook has as a manager never been relegated ?

if so how come the statisticians have never mentioned this ? :wagging: