Paul Cook Approval Rating | Page 2 | Vital Football

Paul Cook Approval Rating

If we survive all this, maybe it'll be worth updating the club logo to show its a new start ... Keep it as is but put a little banner under saying 'Sin Miedo - Mes Que Un Club' to look like some of the old clubs and their little latin mottos haha

Hands up in jan thought he should have been sacked?

And who got nasty with those who thought supporting him was nest to insanity?

Come on be honest

I'll admit that I was one of those calling for Cook to go, at the time I thought it would have been the right decision, and I stand by that. The football was shocking, players were played out of position and we looked completely devoid of confidence as we dropped towards what looked like relegation. I didn't get nasty with anyone who supported Cook staying, at the end of the day we're all entitled to our opinions, and if you cant give your opinion on a fans forum, where can you?!

I will also admit that Cook has massively gone up in my expectations following everything thats gone on, and with the power of hindsight, we were right to keep him. Would he be doing as well as he is now if the season hadn't been stopped and we weren't going through what we were now? Who knows. And I'm not going to speculate because its pointless.

But credit where its due, he's getting the tactics right, he's keeping the players motivated and the way he's conducted himself (especially in contacting the 75 people the club unfortunately couldn't keep) has been absolutely spot on.

The upturn in form started before the season was paused and the manager and team continued where they left off when the games restarted.
What people forget is that Paul Cook, has ben on a learning curve since we were promoted back to the championship and it would have been easy for the club to sack him but I think he will prove to be one of our best ever managers.

I wanted Cooky gone at Christmas and I think the only reason he wasn't was the owner wouldn't pay him up. It seems to me the signing of Leon Balagon was the catalyst for the revival stabilizing the defense, the form of Joe Williams has been immense along with Sammy and the contribution of Dowell. I'm honestly not sure what Cooky has changed tactics wise I think its been more down to the form of the players than anything else but yes he is very likeable and I suppose one could say inspirational in his team talks, do I think he's the right man to take us to the next level hmm not so sure.

I was pro-Cook all along and wanted to keep him even if relegated. With owners not pumping massive amounts into a club (before all the shit kicked off) getting low attendances for the tier, he's always going to be fighting a tough battle and being a Champ/L1 yo-yo club is just what we are right now. But he tries to keep the football attractive and he has a good positive attitude and a degree of intelligence that I respect a lot. If a natural successor emerged then maybe I'd think differently, but I didn't see one.

I would like him to see someone about his throat though, I don't think he's had a voice at 100% for over 2 years now.

Reactions: GSM
The reality is we were as bad as we've ever been and now we are as good as we've ever been we've gone from slow, negative, dour and ineffective to fast, attacking, slick and devestating. We've probably been the best and worst team in the league in the same season with pretty much the same team on the pitch and manager in the dug out.

It's very unusual to do one then the other in the matter of months much like Martinez in 'that run' which was a utter car crash of a season until we suddenly turned into world beaters over the course of about 2 weeks. That run wasn't just a good run when the pressure was on, it was like we brought in a much better new coaching set up and new vastly superior set of players. It wasn't like we improved and you could see the progression it was like a switch was flipped and we were transformed into something completely new. I don't think this run as sudden as but the contrast is just as sharp.

Everything we did then and now is virtually unrecognisable in every department, from the small details to the big things - it's not just the results are better and the lads are battling and working hard - the method of play is superb. It's hard to believe it's even possible to go from one extreme to another like that especially considering what has happened off the pitch. I thought the Roberto transformation for that 10 games 8 years ago was a once in a lifetime freak event that wasn't likely to ever happen again, especially not at the same club. But it has happened again.

Who knows what the future will hold for us, but after that run with Roberto the next season we didn't keep it going at all and we returned to a relegation struggling team. Under the circumstances it probably wont be possible but it would be very interesting to see what this team could do if it was largely kept togetherin a new season at this level.

The reality is we were as bad as we've ever been and now we are as good as we've ever been we've gone from slow, negative, dour and ineffective to fast, attacking, slick and devestating. We've probably been the best and worst team in the league in the same season with pretty much the same team on the pitch and manager in the dug out.

It's very unusual to do one then the other in the matter of months much like Martinez in 'that run' which was a utter car crash of a season until we suddenly turned into world beaters over the course of about 2 weeks. That run wasn't just a good run when the pressure was on, it was like we brought in a much better new coaching set up and new vastly superior set of players. It wasn't like we improved and you could see the progression it was like a switch was flipped and we were transformed into something completely new. I don't think this run as sudden as but the contrast is just as sharp.

Everything we did then and now is virtually unrecognisable in every department, from the small details to the big things - it's not just the results are better and the lads are battling and working hard - the method of play is superb. It's hard to believe it's even possible to go from one extreme to another like that especially considering what has happened off the pitch. I thought the Roberto transformation for that 10 games 8 years ago was a once in a lifetime freak event that wasn't likely to ever happen again, especially not at the same club. But it has happened again.

Who knows what the future will hold for us, but after that run with Roberto the next season we didn't keep it going at all and we returned to a relegation struggling team. Under the circumstances it probably wont be possible but it would be very interesting to see what this team could do if it was largely kept togetherin a new season at this level.
No way will this teem stick together and cook will leave as a hero .and good luck to him 👋👋