Paul Connor Q & A | Vital Football

Paul Connor Q & A

G

Our Man Paul Connor the Vital No 9 actually penned these to us in his own handwriting.

Paul is there anything you particularly want to say to the fans or with regard to the sponsorship with Vital Lincoln? Nice goal Saturday by the way!

Thanks a lot for the sponsorship, I hope I can reward you with goals this season!

cdhIMP

Hi paul, all the best for the season,

Do you have any pre match rituals that you do before every game (for example left sock on before the right)
cheers
carl

None really, just try to prepare the best way I can, e.g right foods and rest!

DEAN1
Welcome to Lincoln City Paul. Has the manager given you a target for the number of goals he wants from you?
Dean

Not really, but I always set myself targets, which I normally keep to myself.

REDIMP
Welcome to Lincoln Paul!
What was the deciding factor that prompted you to sign for Lincoln City?
All the best
George

The factor was the whole setup, and the fact that I got a good feeling for the place and enjoyed it.

CTE
Welcome aboard paul and the best of luck in the coming season.
Q/ How has the news that the Vital Lincoln site is sponsoring your kit affected you?

I’m delighted they sponsored me, its great to have the fans website behind me!

Gent The Younger
Who has been your favourite partner over the years?

I played with Lee Trundle at Swansea, and we scored a few goals as a partnership, so would say him.

DEVONIMP

Welcome Paul, how do you think your partnership with Chris Fagan will progress.(how do you rate him compared with other strikers you’ve played alongside) thanks andy.UTI

I think it will be good, he is a very good finisher, but there are a lot of good players here, so I know I’ll have to work hard to stay in the team.

BEAR.IMP

Welcome to the Imps Paul.
How many goals would you like to score this season? What’s your own target?

Sorry, like a lot of strikers, I always keep that to myself, but will always give 100% to give goals.

CASTLE IMP

Hi Paul,
How hard is it to come on trial to a club and be plunged into a game where you know people are going to be putting your performance under a microscope?

Its hard, but sometimes you just have to get on with it, and do your best.

REDCLANGER

Has the manager given you a target for the number of assists he wants from you?

No, but I am a team player, and if I can set goals up, I’m happy.

???
Hi Paul

How do the facilities at Sincil Bank compare to other clubs you have played at?

The ground is very good, seems a good atmosphere, and its up there with the other clubs I’ve played at.

LUKE IMP

Paul, welcome to LCFC.
You achieved promotion with Swansea back in 04/05. With that in mind, what advice do you think you could offer the current team in trying to achieve the same again this season?

To stick at things, even they are not going right, because we won games with Swansea that we shouldn’t of!

HEATHIMP

Welcome Paul.
You have played for a fair few clubs so far in your career, how do lincoln fans compare to other clubs fans you have played for?

The Lincoln fans have been great, so I really want to do well here.

IMPISH

Hi Paul,
What would you say are your strengths on the pitch, and do you feel you have any major weaknesses?

My strengths are my work rate, and bringing others in to play, but I could score more goals with my left foot.

CODBATER

Who had the most influence on your career and who did you admire and try to emulate?

My grand dad was a pro with Portsmouth, so I would say him. I watch a lot of strikers, and try to take bits from them all.

CTE

Which team do you follow and who was your boyhood hero ( not necessarily a footballer).

My team is Newcastle, I had a season ticket there, and Alan Shearer was my hero.

BRANSTON IMP

Was the gaffer a deciding role in you joining the club and what are your realistic goals for lincoln to achieve this season?

The Gaffer was a big factor yes, and I always think you have to aim high, and go for promotion.

HARRY_IMP

At what age did you get snapped up as a youngster?

I signed for Middlesbrough when I was 14.

LINDUMIMP

Hi Paul - welcome and good luck for the season.

Q - Did you ask for the number 9 shirt or did Jacko give you it.

No, I was just given it.

Q - Which defender you have played against did you find the hardest to beat

Sammi Hypia

Q - Do you think we need to sign any more strikers and if so who would you like to see come in?

I always think competition is good, but who comes in is up to the Gaffer.

JACKO!

Hi Paul,
Now that you have seen Lincoln City play how do you think we can improve?

Er.... Jacko or should that be Mr Jackson?

I always think you can improve, but nothing stands out as yet.