Paudie O'Connor signs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Paudie O'Connor signs

Not a player who I was aware of up to today, but seems a decent pedigree and signing on a free what's not to like.
Sometimes that is a good thing. The type of player who quietly goes about his business, handling the defence , making clearances etc. Only at the end of the game do you think, "Kept a clean sheet, but I forgot he was playing". The fact he was their player of the match a few times too is good to see.
Plus, I have noticed that when an opposing team doesn't SEEM to bothered about a player going, it generally means they are.
Time will tell, but if a number of clubs were chasing him, he can't be all that bad.
Decent Midfielder next please.

Sounds like he is a promising defender.

He's spoken to MK and about the way we will be playing out from the back.

Perhaps he's come to Lincoln as a good opportunity to improve this part of his game.

I will be pleased but surprised if I seem him in the same side as Poole.

Sometimes that is a good thing. The type of player who quietly goes about his business, handling the defence , making clearances etc. Only at the end of the game do you think, "Kept a clean sheet, but I forgot he was playing". The fact he was their player of the match a few times too is good to see.
Plus, I have noticed that when an opposing team doesn't SEEM to bothered about a player going, it generally means they are.
Time will tell, but if a number of clubs were chasing him, he can't be all that bad.
Decent Midfielder next please.
100% agree. Player of the season twice but fans on the forum ok with them leaving suggests something very good.

Sounds a solid player. Imagine a centre half will be departing.
I actually disagree - I think we’re going 3 at the back (or 5 - depends how you see it). I suspect Roughan will continue out on loan and we’ll see a RWB join. Will give us 10 at the back (I think) which given injuries is enough.

I would be surprised if TJ starts as a first choice CB. He was constantly bullied last season when he played there. Poole looked good at CB but one thing about Poole that would concern me is it looks very good making several last ditch blocks and challenges which Poole did but is it bad positioning that gets him in the position of constantly having to make those last ditch challenges.

I would be surprised if TJ starts as a first choice CB. He was constantly bullied last season when he played there. Poole looked good at CB but one thing about Poole that would concern me is it looks very good making several last ditch blocks and challenges which Poole did but is it bad positioning that gets him in the position of constantly having to make those last ditch challenges.
TJ started the season injured, never got going and was quite clearly playing with an injury towards the end of the season that was badly restricting his mobility. A break and fresh start could be just what was required to get him back on track.