Paudie O'Connor signs | Page 4 | Vital Football

Paudie O'Connor signs

I'd expect we are trying to find an exit route for Walsh, but it's probably not easy to find a taker for a perma-crocked player on presumably high wages.

Or Jackson and Walsh who's combined appearances will not complete half a Season.
Putting your head in where it hurts will account for a fair bit of Jacksons time out. Sadly, Walsh isn't often on the pitch frequently enough to do so.

I think there’s too many options currently. Could be something like Montsma recovery not on schedule, going to 3 (or 5) at the back, Poole and Eyoma seen as strictly RB’s. Not necessarily meaning that a CB is on their way out.

We won’t know much until either players go or the 2nd July when we play Gainsborough.

My money is on Poole getting a good move before too long, as the reason for another defender being brought in.

More likely Caudie has a proven track record of completing a full season uninjured twice (playing 45 and 46 games in the last two seasons). As good as Walsh and Jackson are when fit, we need consistency and Caudie is that. More likely means we will accept any bids for Walsh or Jackson because if Poole leaves, we will be bringing in further CBs

I would hope we don’t sell Poole, unless we get a silly offer so we can source a quality replacemen.

I am warming to idea of O'Connor slotting in next to Poole, signing a keeper like Burge and almost set and forget pair of CBs and keeper for a whole season bar any occasional impact injuries etc that can't be helped. By the sounds of Paudie, we would never criticise that CB pairing for putting body on line and defending properly!

I know there are some q marks about someone like Burge, and O'Connor may not be Beckenbauer on the ball, but the idea of having those positions set with more duarable players who have played full seasons is very appealing. Walsh coming in for a week, being a bit off it, getting sent off, coming back in 3 games, getting injured again after a couple when he's getting back up to speed etc is so disruptive. I think that was underrated as a problem perhaps especially as we then lost Montsma to an ACL, ended up changing keepers, Poole moved inside, Eyoma played the odd game but was never fully at it etc etc... no wonder we conceded soft goals or couldn't defend a ball in the box sometimes.

As for keeper, the young lads I just don't think we can expect to 100% all the time, Wright did a job to begin with but I'm sorry, wasn't good enough at the end with handling errors and if we can sign an experienced keeper on a 2/3 year deal, have them in the sticks while Long impresses out on loan and Wright is a no. 2 I'm happy.

At the moment, I’m expecting our opening day team to be along the lines of:
Long
Eyoma Poole Jackson O’Connor Bramall
Bishop Sanders Sorensen
Scully Hopper

leaves us with: Wright, Walsh, Montsma, Roughan, Robson, Adelakun, Draper, House, Kendall, plus any other youngsters around.

Long
Bishop Sanders Sorensen
Scully Hopper

leaves us with: Wright, Walsh, Montsma, Roughan, Robson, Adelakun, Draper, House, Kendall, plus any other youngsters around.

Surely we make a signing in central midfield. Surelyyyyyyyyy

Long
Bishop Sanders Sorensen
Scully Hopper

Have you forgotten teacher’s pet Maguire??